Alhambra Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Alhambra Wrongful Death Attorney
When a loved one dies as a result of an accident, it leaves surviving family members devastated. It can be especially hard coping with your grief when their passing is something that could have been prevented. In situations where another person’s reckless actions are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is here to help you hold them accountable.
Our Alhambra wrongful death attorneys assist grieving families in filing wrongful death claims. We provide the trusted, professional legal representation and caring client service you need during this difficult time. To find out how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Alhambra Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, leaving those you care about with serious personal injuries. Unfortunately, there are too many cases in which victims never recover. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional, accidental injuries are the third leading cause of death in the United States.
When this type of tragedy impacts families in Alhambra, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps them recover. As experienced Alhambra wrongful death attorneys, we represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, which are one of the most common causes of accidental deaths;
- Bike and pedestrian accidents, which are often due to the reckless actions of motorists;
- Hit and run accidents, where the person at-fault attempts to leave the scene;
- Uber or Lyft accidents, in which passengers suffer fatal injuries;
- Bus or train accidents, which can happen either at the bus stop, train station or during a trip;
- Premises liability cases, in which slips and falls, getting struck by objects, or other accidents that occur on someone’s property result in fatal injuries;
- Product liability claims, in which product defects and manufacturing errors are ultimately to blame.
What Qualifies As A Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death happens anytime the negligent actions of one person or a company results in the death of another. Despite the fact that the accident may have occurred unintentionally, the at-fault party can still be held liable for engaging in reckless actions that caused your loved one’s death or for failing to take the proper precautions to prevent it. Examples include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, distracted driving, or driving under the influence;
- Negligent bus or public transportation company policies, such as failing to provide proper training to drivers or requiring overly demanding schedules;
- Negligence on the part of property owners, for failure to maintain the safety of the property or to warn visitors of dangers;
- Manufacturing errors and mistakes, which put product users at risk;
- Any type of irresponsible or reckless action, which puts others in danger.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your case. Once we determine how your loved one’s death occurred and who is responsible, we can help you get the justice your family deserves in a wrongful death claim.
Who Can Bring A Wrongful Death Claim?
When a death occurs as a result of the negligence of others, surviving family members have the right to hold the at-fault party responsible for the suffering they caused. Under Section 377.60 of the California Statutes, a wrongful death claim may be filed through the local courts by the following people:
- The victim’s surviving spouse or domestic partner;
- Their surviving children or grandchildren;
- The victim’s parents, grandparents, or legal guardians;
- Other blood relatives who would otherwise be entitled to inherit from their estate;
- The personal representative for the victim’s estate.
What Compensation Is Available In A Wrongful Death Claim?
As experienced Alhambra wrongful death attorneys, we know that no amount of money can bring back your loved one or ease the pain and grief you are feeling. However, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can bring the at-fault party to justice while ensuring you have the financial resources to provide for yourself and others in the way your loved ones would have wanted. Our top case results show settlements in wrongful death cases worth millions of dollars. Compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages: These cover any outstanding medical costs, lost wages, funeral expenses, and losses in future income or household support the victim would have otherwise contributed.
- Non-economic damages: These cover the pain and suffering you and your family endure due to your loved one’s accident and their death, as well as the loss of companionship and enjoyment in life you are likely to experience as a result.
Reach Out and Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation Today
The untimely loss of a loved one is devastating. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you recover. To discuss the options available in your case, reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra wrongful death attorneys online today to request a free consultation.