Alhambra Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Alhambra Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable of all road users. When pedestrian accidents happen, the injuries sustained as a result have the tendency to be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent victims in these types of cases, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. Our experienced Alhambra pedestrian accident attorneys are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your call. We provide the aggressive legal representation you need to hold at-fault drivers accountable in a claim. Our top case results reflect our skill in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients. To discuss how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Common Cases Our Alhambra Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Represent
Walking provides a fun form of exercise and is a convenient form of getting where you want to go in Alhambra. Unfortunately, it can also pose significant safety risks. Based on crash statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), as many as 35 people are injured in our area each year as a result of pedestrian accidents. Among the most likely victims are children and older adults, but pedestrian accidents can happen at any age. When they do, the injuries you suffer as a result are likely to be severe. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation victims and their family members need to protect their rights when injuries occur. Common types of cases our Alhambra pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Pedestrian accidents involving cars, trucks, or motorcycles;
- Pedestrian accidents involving buses, trains, or other public transit vehicles;
- Uber or Lyft accidents involving pedestrians;
- Pedestrians injured in commercial vehicle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents involving bicyclists, moped or scooter users.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
According to the Calfornia Department of Public Safety (CDPH), our state has one of the highest rates for pedestrian accidents in the nation. Considering the number of people and the amount of heavy traffic running through our area, residents in Alhambra are among those at high risk. When pedestrian accidents occur, it is generally reckless drivers on the road which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Alhambra pedestrian accident attorneys help you hold these drivers accountable. Among the most frequent factors involved in cases we represent include:
- Failure to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks and intersections;
- Failure to be alert for pedestrians in parking lots;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions on neighborhood roads;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
- Distracted driving and other dangerous driving behaviors.
How Can I Get Compensation For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
When a pedestrian accident occurs due to another person’s reckless behavior, you are entitled to compensation for the damages you suffer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount you need to recover. Your first option in these types of cases is filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer. The California Department of Insurance (DOI) advises that all drivers are required to maintain a mandatory minimum amount of coverage. Unfortunately, dealing with these companies can prove challenging. In too many cases, they either deny the claim or downplay the amount you are entitled to in a settlement. As experienced Alhambra pedestrian accident attorneys, we can act as a strong legal advocate on your side in insurance company negotiations. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver involved. Compensation available may include:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Lost wages and future losses in earnings or benefits due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and the loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which are additional amounts meant to punish drivers for particularly reckless conduct.
When representing clients in pedestrian accident cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers works on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney’s fees unless our legal team gets compensation for you. As these costs are generally awarded by the judge, they do not affect the amount you get in your settlement.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request a Free Consultation
When pedestrian accidents happen, the injuries you suffer are often severe and can have long term impacts on every area of your life. You may be unable to work or even engage in your usual activities while facing the need for ongoing medical care. It is important to realize you have only one chance to get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation to discuss your case today.