Alhambra Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Alhambra Dog Bite Attorneys
Owning a dog can provide a source of companionship and protection. However, pet ownership comes with certain responsibilities. Making sure your dog is properly restrained and preventing them from harming others is a top priority. When dog owners fail in this duty, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers holds them accountable.
As experienced Alhambra dog bite attorneys, we represent clients who suffer serious physical injuries and emotional trauma as a result of dog bites and attacks. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for these clients. To find out how we can assist you in filing a claim. call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Our Alhambra Dog Bite Attorneys Hold Reckless Pet Owners Accountable
The City of Alhambra has strict rules and regulations when it comes to pet ownership. In addition to allowing only two dogs per household, pet owners are required to keep them from running loose at all times. Unfortunately, plenty of people disregard these rules, allowing their dogs to be off-leash and letting them escape from yards to terrorize neighborhoods. Serious dog bites and attacks can occur as a result.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Alhambra dog bite attorneys hold dog owners accountable for injuries you experience as a result. Common types of dog bite injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Puncture wounds caused by the dog’s teeth;
- Torn flesh and damage to soft tissues;
- Deep scratches and claw marks;
- Broken bones and pulled muscles from fighting the dog off;
- Bites that cause amputations to fingers, limbs, or other body parts;
- Emotional trauma you experience as a result of an attack.
What Are The Dog Bite Laws In Alhambra?
Laws concerning dog bites and injuries can be found under Section 3342 of the California Civil Code. Unlike some states which have a ‘two-bite’ rule which excuses the first time a dog acts out aggressively, you can hold a dog owner accountable in Alhambra even if the dog showed no prior signs of being hostile in the past. Situations in which dog owners are liable for injuries suffered by others include:
- When the owner fails to properly secure the dog on their property and it escapes as a result;
- When an owner has an aggressive dog and fails to warn passersby;
- When a dog turns on friends, neighbors, or anyone visiting the owner’s home.
- When owners fail to use a leash and allow dogs to run freely in parks, neighborhoods, or other public places.
Can I Sue A Dog Owner Over My Injuries?
When dog bites leave you suffering serious injuries, our Alhambra dog bite attorneys help you get the compensation you need to recover. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in options which include:
- Filing a claim against the dog owner’s insurer: If the dog owner has a home or business, they likely have insurance that covers injuries that occur on the premises. Be aware, though, that insurance companies are primarily concerned with protecting their profits. As a result, they may find reasons to either deny or downplay your claim.
- File a lawsuit against the dog owner through the Los Angeles County courts: Filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party is often the best course of action. It entitles you to additional types of compensation you could not get in an insurance claim. In addition to coverage of both current and future medical expenses and any lost wages you suffer, you may also seek damages for the pain, scarring, and trauma you experienced as a result of a dog bite or attack.
Do I Need A Dog Bite Attorney?
Whenever you file a personal injury claim, negligence plays an important role in the case. You need to prove the other person acted in a way that put you at risk or they failed to take actions that could have prevented your injuries. If they can show you were even partially responsible for the accident or the injuries you suffered, it can reduce the amount you are entitled to in a claim. Unfortunately, this is a common scenario in dog bite cases.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side in this situation. Our Alhambra dog bite attorneys make compelling arguments in your favor while gathering the evidence needed to prove your case. We generally work on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Consultation
Dog bite injuries can have a lasting impact on your physical and emotional health. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we focus on getting you the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra dog bite attorneys and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you today.