Alhambra Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Alhambra Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Few things compare to the feeling of freedom you get riding down the road on two wheels. While the open nature of a motorcycle adds to the thrill, it leaves you susceptible to potentially serious injuries. When motorcycle accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you need to recover.
Our Alhambra motorcycle accident attorneys act as a strong ally on your side, aggressively defending your rights to compensation in a claim. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in motorcycle accident cases. To find out how we can help you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Cases Our Alhambra Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Represent
California has one of the highest rates for motorcycle accidents in the country. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), motorcycle crashes represent nearly 20 percent of all motor vehicle accidents that happen on roads throughout the state. With the amount of traffic both locally and throughout Los Angeles County, motorcyclists in Alhambra are at an increased risk.
When motorcycle crashes and collisions do occur, it is often a result of the reckless and negligent driving behaviors of others. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold at-fault drivers accountable in a claim. As experienced Alhambra motorcycle accident attorneys, common types of cases we represent include:
- Speed related motorcycle accidents, which can be caused by drivers going over posted speed limits or driving too fast for conditions;
- Motorcycle accidents caused by other traffic violations, such as running red lights or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving accidents, caused by motorists who engage in hostile behaviors aimed at motorcyclists, such as tailgating, improper passing, and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving motorcycle accidents, in which texting or talking on cell phones is often to blame;
- Motorcycle accidents caused by impaired drivers, who are under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications at the time a motorcycle crash occurs.
What Are Common Types Of Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Due to the open nature of a motorcycle, injuries suffered by riders in motorcycle accidents have a tendency to be severe. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that these accidents claim the lives of more than 5,000 bikers each year. Even in otherwise minor motorcycle crashes, the injuries you experience as a result have the potential to be life-threatening.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team helps victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover when motorcycle crashes occur. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Alhambra motorcycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Severe cuts and amputations due to broken glass and twisted metal;
- Rashes and burns caused by contact with road surfaces or hot oil and engine parts;
- Crushing injuries, causing irreparable harm to body parts or internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, which can do damage to discs, vertebrae, or the spinal cord;
- Head injuries, which can result in a concussion, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
How Do I File A Claim After A Motorcycle Accident?
When you suffer serious injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident, you may be able to hold the at-fault driver accountable in an insurance claim. The California Department of Insurance advises that all motorists are required to maintain a minimum level of coverage, which can help offset costs you suffer as a result of motorcycle accidents. However, dealing with these companies can prove frustrating. It is not uncommon for them to find reasons to either deny or undervalue your claim.
In cases where the driver is uninsured or a reasonable insurance settlement cannot be reached, you have the right to file a lawsuit against them through the Los Angeles County Courts. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: These involve actual costs you incur, such as medical bills and lost wages, as well as future expenses you are likely to encounter as a result of your injuries.
- Non-economic damages: These represent intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries and any ongoing disabilities.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in your case designed to punish the at-fault driver for behaviors that were particularly willful and negligent.
- Attorney’s fees: These prevent you from having to pay legal fees out of your settlement and cover our costs in filing your claim.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
When motorcycle accidents happen, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. To ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra motorcycle attorneys online to request a free consultation today.