Alhambra Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Alhambra Slip and Falls Attorneys
Slips and falls are one of the most common types of accidents. Unfortunately, while you may be tempted to downplay the situation or attribute it to your own clumsiness, the fact is these incidents can result in serious injuries and generally occur as a result of negligence on the part of others involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold those responsible accountable in a claim.
As experienced Alhambra slip and falls attorneys, our goal is to get you the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients in similar cases. To discuss your situation and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Our Alhambra Slip and Falls Attorneys Defend Your Rights In Filing A Claim
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), slip and fall accidents are one of the most common causes of death and disability in the U.S. While they are a particularly serious problem among older adults, slips and falls can have major health impacts for people at any age.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we defend the rights of slip and fall accident victims in getting the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Slips and falls can happen at grocery stores or shopping malls, in restaurants or resorts, at office buildings and other public places, as well as in a friend or neighbor’s home. Common causes of these accidents in cases our Alhambra slip and fall attorneys represent include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills or condensation;
- Loose paving stones and uneven walkways;
- Torn carpeting and broken floor tiles;
- Cluttered sidewalks and store aisles;
- A lack of property lighting on pathways and in stairwells;
- A lack of handrails or guardrails at heights.
What Types of Injuries Are Common In Slip and Fall Accidents?
When slips and falls happen, victims often feel embarrassed and may downplay the incident. Unfortunately, even an otherwise minor slip or fall can leave you suffering serious harm. Your injuries can also end up resulting in long term disabilities which prevent you from working, both now and in the years to come. In the meantime, you are likely to face a mountain of medical expenses and the need for ongoing treatment.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover in these situations. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Alhambra slip and fall attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which could result in partial or complete paralysis.
Who Is Responsible When Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
When slip and fall accidents happen as the result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation through a premises liability claim. Under Section 1714 (a) of the California Civil Code, everyone is responsible for actions they take that directly result in injuries to others, as well as for indirect actions that put others in danger. Property owners, managers, and employees can all be held liable for failing to correct dangerous conditions or for not warning you that they exist. Compensation you may be entitled to in a claim includes:
- Current and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and future losses in income due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge awards in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful or reckless manner.
What Should I Do If A Slip and Fall Happens?
To protect yourself and your rights to compensation, it is important that you take certain actions in the aftermath of a slip or fall accident. Our legal team recommends the following:
- Report the incident immediately to security, the property owner, or police;
- Get the names of any witnesses at the scene;
- Make a mental note of the area and the circumstances surrounding your accident;
- Get medical attention as soon as possible.
As experienced Alhambra slip and fall attorneys, we encourage you to be vigilant in following your doctor’s instructions regarding treatment, follow up visits, and activity restrictions. Not doing so could put your health in jeopardy and could affect the amount you are entitled to in a premises liability claim.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Slip and fall injuries can impact your health and financial security for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we protect your rights to compensation. To get our team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra slip and falls attorneys online to request a free consultation today.