Compton Brain Injury Attorneys
Compton Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries in Compton can happen in a variety of ways. Even minor accidents can leave you suffering serious harm. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Compton brain injury attorneys, we provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when brain injuries happen, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Compton Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), more than 40,000 people throughout Los Angeles County are treated for brain injuries each year. When these happen to residents of Compton and their families, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Brain injuries typically occur as a result of accidents. Cases our Compton brain injury attorneys represent often involve the following:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Bus accidents;
- Train accidents;
- Accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Construction site accidents;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents due to defective or dangerous products.
What Are Common Types of Brain Injuries?
When brain injuries happen, the severity of the situation is not always immediately obvious. The victim may appear fine at first, just a little shaken. However, serious and potentially life-threatening brain injuries often have symptoms that can take hours or even days to appear. Whenever any type of bump, blow, or jolt to the head occurs, seek medical care immediately. Healthline advises that among the most common types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions, which is when the brain slams against the hard bones of the skulls, causing damage to tissues;
- Edema, which is when head injuries result in swelling of the brain;
- Hematomas, which is when blood clots in the vessels surrounding the brain;
- Hemorrhage, which involves bleeding in the brain;
- Penetrating brain injuries, which is when an object actually pierces the skull;
- Skull fractures, which is when bones surrounding the brain are cracked or completely broken.
These and other types of brain injuries often require extensive medical care and can cause potentially permanent impairments. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Compton brain injury attorneys are dedicated to helping victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Brain Injuries In Compton?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that roughly 150 people each day die as a result of brain injuries while thousands of other victims require long term care. In the majority of these cases, it is the reckless actions of others involved that are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. While you focus on yourself and your recovery, our Compton brain injury attorneys focus on filing a claim against those at fault. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we handle include:
- Reckless and negligent behavior on the part of motorists, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving while impaired;
- Negligence on the part of public transportation companies, for not properly training or monitoring their employers;
- Negligence on the part of property owners, for failing to properly maintain the premises or warn visitors when dangerous conditions exist;
- Negligence on the part of sports and recreational program administrators or staff members, for failing to take the proper safety precautions;
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers, for failing to provide safety warnings or to pull products that are defective and dangerous.
How Can I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we fight to get you the compensation you deserve when brain injuries happen. Depending on the situation, the at-fault party may have insurance that covers a portion of your damages. In these cases, our legal team aggressively negotiates to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our Compton brain injury attorneys will not hesitate to take those at fault to court. Money you may be entitled to in a brain injury lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current medical bills and compensation for future expenses;
- Reimbursement of current lost wages and compensation for future lost earnings due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life caused by your brain injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount you may be awarded if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful or negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we generally represent clients in brain injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton brain injury attorneys online to request a free consultation today.