Compton Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Compton Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Compton can leave you or those you love suffering from serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. Reckless actions on the part of drivers involved are often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold them accountable so you can get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. As experienced Compton pedestrian accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help injured victims and their families. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards with millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Compton Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Compton is surrounded by major freeways running to and from Los Angeles and many drivers use local roads to bypass some of the more congested areas. Unfortunately, the increased traffic that results creates major hazards for pedestrians. According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), as many as 50 people are injured in pedestrian accidents in Compton each year, which averages to over four per month. With little to protect them against these collisions, injuries pedestrians suffer are often severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims get the compensation they need to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Compton pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries and road rash;
- Concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Crushing injuries, impacting limbs and internal organs;
- Damage to muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Injuries to the spinal cord, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are The Main Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents In Compton?
The City of Compton has made improvements in infrastructure and has undertaken new projects designed to help protect pedestrians. Residents are encouraged to take steps to reduce their own risks when walking, such as keeping to curbs, wearing light, bright colors at night, and crossing only at designated intersections. Despite these precautions, pedestrian accidents can still happen. When they do, it is generally the reckless actions of drivers that are to blame. As experienced Compton pedestrian accident attorneys, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as failing to yield at crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve alcohol, illegal drugs, or medications;
- Running red lights or stop signs and ignoring other traffic signals;
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions.
Can I Sue The Driver When Pedestrian Accidents Happen?
When the reckless actions of drivers leave you suffering pedestrian accident injuries in Compton, you have the right to hold them accountable in a claim. Compensation may be available through auto insurance policies they have in place, but getting a reasonable settlement often proves challenging. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If the driver is uninsured or the amount of coverage they have fails to cover your costs, our Compton pedestrian accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and compensation for any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income if you suffer long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries; Punitive damages, which is an additional type of compensation awarded in cases where the driver’s actions were particularly willful and negligent.
What Happens In A Pedestrian Hit and Run Accident?
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for drivers in Compton pedestrian accidents to attempt to flee the scene. When a hit and run happens, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers takes action to locate them and hold them accountable. This includes:
- Visiting the accident scene to gather additional evidence;
- Talking to witnesses to get detailed descriptions of the driver;
- Reviewing surveillance videos from nearby businesses or traffic signals to identify the vehicle;
- Working with police to solicit tips from the general public;
- Visiting local mechanics, who the driver may have taken their vehicle to for repairs.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent pedestrian accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.