Compton Truck Accident Attorneys
Compton Truck Accident Attorneys
Sharing the road with truckers creates significant risks for motorists. When truck accidents in Compton happen, serious personal injuries often result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Our experienced Compton truck accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need when dealing with truck drivers and the companies they work for. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Compton Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
The California Department of Transportation shows numerous truck routes throughout Los Angeles County. Considering that many of these utilize freeways surrounding Compton, residents can expect to regularly encounter truckers on local roads. Driving alongside semi-trucks, 18 wheelers, and other big rigs is nerve-wracking and for good reason. When truck accidents in Compton do happen, it is generally motorists who suffer the most serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation injured victims need. While you focus on your recovery, our Compton truck accident attorneys focus on holding those at-fault responsible. Cases we represent include:
- Head-on truck accidents, which frequently happen on one-way roads and near freeway exits and entrances;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which is when sudden stops cause the truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab, impacting motorists in other lanes;
- Rear-end truck accidents, which can happen in heavy traffic conditions and when truck drivers lose control while going downhill;
- Rollover truck accidents, which often occur when truckers make too tight of turns or go too fast around curves in the road;
- Side-impact truck accidents, otherwise referred to as t-bone crashes, which are common in intersections;
- Side-swipe truck accidents, which may happen as truckers are attempting to pass other motorists.
Who Is To Blame For Truck Accidents In Compton?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that California has one of the highest truck accident rates in the country. Close to 3,000 truck accidents happen throughout the state each year and residents of Los Angeles County are among those most at risk. When a truck accident in Compton does occur, there are often multiple factors involved. Among the most common causes in cases our Compton truck accidents handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding, tailgating, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which is common among truckers and can result from over-scheduling;
- Mechanical malfunctions, which occur due to a lack of proper truck maintenance;
- Improper loading practices, which can throw the truck off balance and increase the risk of accidents;
- Negligence on the part of the truck company, such as failing to properly train drivers, provide regularly scheduled breaks, or restrict driving privileges due to reckless and dangerous behavior.
How Do I File A Truck Accident Claim?
For victims of truck accidents in Compton, it is important to realize that truck drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side. To protect your rights in filing a claim, get our legal team on yours. Our experienced Compton truck accident attorneys can guide you in the options for seeking compensation. Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to file a claim through the driver or truck company’s insurer. Unfortunately, dealing with these companies often proves challenging as they have a tendency to either deny your claim or downplay settlements. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take your case to court.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
While each case is different, our goal at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is to ensure you get the maximum amount allowed by law. Often, filing a truck accident lawsuit is the best way to accomplish this. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded in cases where the truck driver or trucking company’s actions were particularly willful and negligent.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. generally represents victims of truck accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton truck accident attorneys online today.