Compton Slip and Fall Attorneys
Compton Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slips and falls are among the most common types of accidents. They impact people of all ages and even a seemingly minor slip or fall can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. Negligence on the part of property owners is often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you hold them responsible for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you face as a result. Our experienced Claremont slip and fall attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need to get compensation in a claim. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in slip and fall accident cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Compton Slip and Fall Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
When a slip and fall accident happens, it is often in public places. The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that they are common in shopping malls, retail stores, restaurants, and resorts. They can also occur at office buildings, hospitals, public parks, and at other people’s homes. While a major fall causes obvious harm, even seemingly minor slip and fall accidents can have serious consequences. It is important to report it immediately to the property owner, onsite security, or the police and seek medical treatment, regardless of symptoms. Not doing so could jeopardize your health and your rights in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims of slip and fall accidents get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of slip and fall injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Broken bones;
- Sprained and torn muscles and tendons;
- Back and neck injuries, causing damage to vertebrae and discs;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents In Compton?
According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), slips and falls send roughly eight million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of property owners are to blame. Among the most common causes of slip and fall accidents in Compton include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills and condensation;
- Lack of floor mats at entrances and exits;
- Torn carpeting, uneven flooring tiles, and other property maintenance issues;
- Cluttered aisles and hallways;
- Lack of proper outdoor lighting and landscaping;
- Lack of handrails on stairs and guardrails at heights.
When these and other potentially dangerous conditions result in personal injuries, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers and our Compton slip and fall attorneys to help you hold those at fault accountable. Property owners have a legal duty to properly maintain the premises and to warn visitors when potentially dangerous conditions exist. When they fail to do so, they can be held liable for the costs you suffer as a result.
How Do I Get Compensation For Slip and Fall Injuries?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted guidance you need in seeking compensation for slip and fall injuries. In most cases, the property owner will have insurance policies in place that can help to cover some of your costs. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf to protect your rights and ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. In the event the property owner lacks insurance or the coverage available fails to cover all your costs, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them and their business. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of your current medical costs and compensation for any future medical expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement of current lost wages and compensation for future losses in income due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your slip and fall injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the court may order if the property owner’s actions were particularly willful and negligent.
It is important to note that in slip and fall accident cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless our Compton slip and fall attorneys get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Slip and fall accident injuries can impact your health and your ability to work for years into the future. However, you have only one chance to get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. To ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton slip and fall accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.