Compton Wrongful Death Attorneys
Compton Wrongful Death Attorneys
The sudden and unexpected death of a loved one is one of the hardest things to deal with. In the aftermath, it is natural to have questions about how it happened and who is responsible. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., you can count on us to get the answers you need. We investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s passing and help you hold those at fault accountable. As experienced Compton wrongful death attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help grieving families. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients in wrongful death claims. While no amount of money can bring back your loved one, this type of claim can provide a sense of justice and helps to ensure you are provided for in future. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Compton Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
According to statistics from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, accidental injuries in Compton are a leading cause of death, impacting thousands of families each year. In many of these cases, the reckless and negligent actions of others involved are to blame. When someone you love is the victim of wrongful death, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help in the aftermath. Even though the other person was clearly at fault, the police may not press charges as both the accident and your loved one’s death were likely unintentional. In this type of situation, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to act as a strong legal advocate on your side. Our Compton wrongful death attorneys defend your rights and help you get a sense of justice when a loved one’s death occurs as a result of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, motorcycles, and trucks;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Accidents that occur on buses, trains, and other types of public transportation;
- Slips, falls, and other accidents which occur on someone’s property;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products;
- Any type of accident in which the reckless actions of others are to blame.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim?
When wrongful death happens, those at-fault may have insurance policies in place to help offset costs the victim’s family incurs. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with these companies on your behalf. While you focus on your family and getting through the grieving process, our Compton wrongful death attorneys focus on getting you the maximum amount in an insurance settlement. If insurance is unavailable or fails to adequately cover your costs, we will not hesitate to file a wrongful death lawsuit against those at fault. Under the California Civil Code, those who may be entitled to file this type of claim include:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the victim;
- The victim’s children, grandchildren, or legal wards;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Siblings, grandparents, and other immediate family members;
- Their personal representative;
- Anyone otherwise entitled to inherit from the victim’s estate.
How Much is A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that no amount of money can ease your suffering during this difficult time. However, in addition to providing a sense of justice, a wrongful death lawsuit can help to ensure you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted. While each case is different, common types of compensation available in a wrongful death lawsuit filed through the Los Angeles County Civil Court includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs you incur due to your loved one’s death, such as funeral costs, outstanding medical expenses, your own lost wages, and compensation for lost income and benefits your loved one would have otherwise earned.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your loved one’s passing.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in your case if the actions of the person responsible for your loved one’s death were particularly willful and negligent.
In Compton wrongful death cases, our legal team generally works on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the caring support, trusted legal guidance, and professional representation you need in dealing with the loss of a loved one. We are dedicated to helping surviving family members in Compton wrongful death cases get a sense of justice and the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton wrongful death attorneys online and request a free consultation today.