Compton Dog Bite Attorneys
Compton Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs provide both companionship and protection. They can also cause serious personal injuries when dog owners fail to keep them properly restrained. If you are the victim of a dog bite or attack in Compton, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. can help you get compensation in a claim. Our experienced Compton dog bite attorneys provide the strong legal representation you need to hold reckless dog owners accountable. With a proven track record of success, with top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Compton Dog Bite Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
The City of Compton has strict rules and regulations in place regarding the care and management of pets, including limits on the number of dogs each individual can own. These are designed to protect residents, but many dog owners fail to abide by the terms. It is not uncommon to see dogs running wild in public places and terrorizing neighborhoods. Unfortunately, dog bites and attacks resulting in serious personal injuries can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent victims in these cases. Our experienced Compton dog bite attorneys help you get the compensation you need to recover. Injuries suffered by clients in cases we handle include:
- Deep cuts and lacerations due to the dog’s claws, which can leave permanent scars;
- Deep puncture wounds caused by the dog’s teeth, which can do damage to underlying nerves and tissues;
- Loss of limbs or other body parts, which can happen due to the viciousness of an attack;
- Pulled muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue injuries, which often occur as a result of being knocked down or when trying to fight a dog off.
As a result of a dog bite in Compton, victims can suffer potentially life-threatening infections due to bacteria commonly found in a dog’s saliva. They can also suffer post-traumatic stress disorder, which can impact your physical and emotional health for months or years after an attack.
What Should I Do If A Dog Bite In Compton Happens?
Even the gentlest of dogs can get aggressive when hurt, hungry, or threatened. The Los Angeles County Department of Health warns against approaching unfamiliar dogs, attempting to pet a dog without the owner’s permission, or trying to break up fights between dogs. Be extremely cautious if a dog approaches you snarling or with bared teeth. Rather than running from it, which could trigger an attack, it is best to slowly back away. If a dog does bite or attack does happen, take the following steps:
- Notify the police;
- Give a description of the dog and the owner;
- Make note of any witnesses at the scene;
- Get medical care immediately, regardless of the severity of your injuries;
- Contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your rights in filing a claim.
As experienced Compton dog bite attorneys, we investigate your case to determine how it happened and who is responsible. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a dog bite claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Dog Bite Injuries In Compton?
Under the California Civil Code, dog owners have a duty to keep their dogs leashed in public places, to prevent them from running wild in neighborhoods and apartment complexes, and to warn visitors to their home or business that a dangerous dog is on the premises. When they fail to do so, they can be held accountable for dog bite injuries that result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we take the actions needed to hold them accountable. In some cases, insurance dog owners have in place may cover a portion of your damages. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available or fails to cover your costs, our Compton dog bite attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the dog owner. Damages you may be entitled to in this type of claim include:
- Economic damages, which cover current and future medical costs and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your dog bite injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered if the dog owner was particularly willful and negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we generally represent clients in dog bite cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton dog bite attorneys online and request a free consultation today.