Compton Car Accident Attorneys
Compton Car Accident Attorneys
Serious personal injuries often happen as a result of car accidents in Compton. These can leave you facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages. When the reckless actions of other drivers are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold them accountable. As experienced Compton car accident attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
To Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To, Get Our Compton Car Accident Attorneys On Your Side
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 400 car accidents in Compton happen each year. Even in a relatively minor crash or collision, you can end up suffering serious personal injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to act as a strong legal advocate on your side. While you focus on your recovery, our Compton car accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of car accident injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Back and neck injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Burn injuries;
- Crushing injuries;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Dislocated joints;
- Soft tissue injuries, doing damage to muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
What Are Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Compton?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Safety warns that car accidents are one of the leading causes of death and disability in our area. When a car accident in Compton does happen, it is often due to the reckless and dangerous driving behaviors of other motorists involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can take the swift legal actions needed to ensure those at fault are held accountable. Common causes in cases our Compton car accident attorneys handle include:
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texts;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription and over the counter medications;
- Drowsy driving, which has the same effect as driving while impaired;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions.
What Should I Do If A Car Accident In Compton Happens?
If you are involved in a car accident in Compton, notify the police immediately so that an accident report can be filed. Get names as well as contact, insurance, and vehicle information for all drivers involved and make note of any witnesses at the scene. You should also seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible, regardless of their severity. Many potentially life-threatening conditions have symptoms that can take days or even weeks to appear. Not getting medical care could jeopardize your health, as well as your rights in a car accident claim. In the days following your car accident, you will likely be contacted by insurance representatives. Before making any statements, speak to our Compton car accident attorneys first. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses and, as such, frequently deny or downplay claims. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If the driver is uninsured or insurance fails to cover your costs, we can help you file a lawsuit against them.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
Each case is different and the exact amount you are entitled to in a Compton car accident claim will depend on the circumstances and the extent of your injuries. However, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to fight to get you the maximum amount allowed by law. Under the California Civil Code, this may include:
- Coverage of all your medical expenses and compensation for any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for your lost wages and compensation for future losses in income and benefits in the event your injuries result in long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause in the aftermath of a Compton car accident;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded in cases where the driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we generally represent clients in car accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton car accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.