Compton Bus Accident Attorneys
Compton Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus service provides a convenient and relatively inexpensive way for local residents to get around but there are certain risks. Bus accidents in Compton can happen in a variety of ways and often result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these accidents get the compensation they need to recover. As experienced Compton bus accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Compton Bus Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve
Local residents rely on bus service through Compton Renaissance, which provides bus stops and routes throughout the city. There is also easy access to Metro bus service, which can take you to destinations throughout Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas. While buses provide a relatively easy and inexpensive way to travel, tit is important not to ignore the potential dangers. Bus accidents happen on a regular basis, leaving passengers and others involved suffering serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyer, we protect the rights of victims when bus accidents in Compton happen, helping them get the compensation they deserve in a claim. Common types of cases our Compton bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus crashes, which often involve collisions with other buses, nearby motorists, or fixed objects, such as buildings or telephone poles;
- Bus stop and bus station accidents, which impact people waiting to board and nearby pedestrians or bicyclists;
- Bus accidents that happen either right before, after, or during a trip, such as slips and falls, getting struck and against objects, or getting thrown from your seat.
What Causes Bus Accidents In Compton?
When any type of bus accident in Compton happens, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Attorneys to identify what caused it and who is responsible. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), among the leading causes include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, running red lights, tailgating, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which is common at night, during the early morning hours, and when drivers are over-scheduled;
- Maintenance issues with the bus, which increase the odds bus accidents will happen;
- Negligent bus company policies, such as not properly training drivers, over-scheduling them, and failing to pull them from service duty to prior accidents or too many traffic tickets.
In these and other types of cases, our Compton bus accident attorneys gather the evidence needed to hold those at fault accountable and provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim.
How Do I File A Claim For A Bus Accident In Compton?
In the aftermath of any type of bus accident in Compton, it is important to notify the police immediately so that an accident report can be filed. You should also seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible, regardless of your symptoms. Not doing so could jeopardize your health and your rights in a bus accident claim. There are two options in seeking compensation for your injuries. The first is to file a claim through the bus company’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. If your injuries are severe or if the bus company’s insurers attempt to either deny or downplay your claim, our Compton bus accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which compensate you for your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any medical costs and losses in income you are likely to suffer in the future;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered in your case if the bus company or the driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
It is important to note that in bus accident cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers typically represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Bus companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against claims. To protect yourself and your rights to compensation, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton bus accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.