Compton Train Accident Attorneys
Compton Train Accident Attorneys
Train accidents in Compton can result in serious personal injuries. These have the potential to prevent you from working while leaving you with heavy medical debts. When negligence on the part of the train company or their employees is responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold them accountable in a claim. As experienced Compton train accident attorneys, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need. Our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Compton Train Accident Attorneys Represent
Many residents in our area rely on the Compton Metrolink Station and the A (Blue) line train as a primary means of transportation. While taking the train is relatively convenient and inexpensive, it is important to be aware of the risks. Train accidents can happen before, during, or immediately after your trip. In addition to the risks posed by passenger trains, freight trains that pass through our area as part of the Alameda Corridor create hazards as well. Even a relatively minor accident can leave you with serious personal injuries. As experienced Compton train accident attorneys, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we defend your rights in claims against train companies and their insurers. Common types of Compton train accident cases we represent include:
- Train crashes and collisions, which can involve other trains, motor vehicles, or stationary objects;
- Train derailments, in which passenger or freight trains jump the tracks;
- Train station accidents and onboard incidents, such as slips and falls or getting thrown from your seat and struck by objects
- Train accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists, which are common near tracks or train stations and often result in life-threatening injuries.
What Causes Train Accidents In Compton?
According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), close to 2,000 people are involved in major train crashes each year. Meanwhile, there are thousands of other incidents that typically go unreported yet leave those involved suffering serious personal injuries. California, in general, has one of the highest train accident rates in the country. Considering the number of train tracks running through our area and the many local residents who rely on train travel, residents of Compton are at an increased risk. When train accidents do happen, it is generally due to negligence on the part of the train company or their employees. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes in cases our Compton train accident attorneys handle include:
- Recklessness on the part of the train conductor or engineer;
- Errors on the part of train signalers, switchmen, and other train company employees;
- Lack of proper train or track maintenance, which is often a contributing factor in train accidents;
- Negligent train company policies, such as not properly training employees, over-scheduling trips, and failing to address problems that arise.
How Do I Get Compensation For Train Accident Injuries?
Even a seemingly minor train accident in Compton or an onboard mishap can leave you suffering broken bones, sprained muscles or tendons, and serious back, neck, and head injuries. These can result in mountains of medical expenses while leaving you unable to work or provide for your loved ones. Why should you have to pay out of pocket for these costs when the train company or their employees are to blame? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is here to help you in filing a claim. The first step often involves dealing with the train company’s insurers. We can aggressively negotiate with representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If the train company attempts to deny your claim or downplay your injuries, our Compton train accident attorneys will not hesitate in filing a personal injury lawsuit against them. Compensation available under the California Civil Code in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: This compensates you for actual costs, such as your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future medical expenses and losses in income you are likely to suffer;
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for non-tangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life caused by your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded in your case if the train company or their employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Compton train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.