Downey Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Downey Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Local residents rely on bicycling both for transportation and fitness, but it is important to be aware of the risks. With heavy traffic in our area, bicycle accidents in Downey are common. When these impact you or a family member, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can count on our experienced Downey bicycle accident attorneys to provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a consultation today.
Get The Professional Legal Representation You Need From Our Downey Bicycle Accident Attorneys
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports an average of three bicycle accidents in Downey each month. Meanwhile, dozens of other accidents involving bicyclists happen throughout the Los Angeles County area. As bicycles provide little in the way of protection, injuries suffered are often severe. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC is here to help in these cases. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Downey bicycle accident attorneys focus on getting you compensation in a claim. We provide the professional legal representation you need when common types of bicycle accident injuries happen, such as:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries and road rash;
- Concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limbs or internal organs;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in permanent paralysis.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents In Downey?
The City of Downey offers safety tips to help prevent bicycle accidents. Riding in bike lanes, following traffic signs and signals, crossing only at designated intersections, and wearing the appropriate safety gear, including a helmet, can reduce your risks. However, bicycle accidents in Downey can still occur despite these precautions. When they do, it is often the reckless actions of motorists are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers we help you hold them accountable. Common types of reckless driving behaviors involved in cases our Downey bicycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Aggressive driving, such as improper passing and failure to yield in crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cell phones, texting, changing GPS settings, or eating and drinking while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications;
- Opening car doors and making turns without checking for bicyclists first;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions.
What Should I Do If A Bicycle Accident Happens?
If a bicycle accident in Downey happens, it is important to take steps to protect yourself and your rights in filing a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we encourage you to do the following:
- Notify the police immediately;
- Get names and contact information for the driver and any witnesses at the scene;
- Seek medical care for your injuries;
- Contact our Downey bicycle accident attorneys before making any statements to insurers.
Our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to help you get the maximum amount in a settlement. If your injuries are severe or the driver was uninsured, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. In cases of hit and run bicycle accidents in Downey, we take the swift action needed to identify the vehicle and the driver involved so they can be held accountable for their actions.
How Much Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
Each case is different and the amount of compensation you may be entitled to for a bicycle accident in Downey will depend on the circumstances and severity of the injuries you suffer. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs. This includes current and future medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
It is important to note that our Downey bicycle accident attorneys generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
You can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to provide the professional legal representation you need to get compensation when bicycle accidents happen. For help in getting the maximum amount you are entitled to, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey bicycle accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.