Downey Truck Accident Attorneys
Downey Truck Accident Attorneys
With our close proximity to downtown Los Angeles, Downey residents frequently share the road with semi-trucks, tractor trailers, and other big rigs. Truck accidents are common and often result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Our experienced Downey truck accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you in filing a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Downey Truck Accident Attorneys Protect You In Dealing With Truck Drivers and Trucking Companies
Truck route maps for Downey show how frequently local drivers are likely to encounter semi-trucks and other big rigs in traffic. As these can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, truck drivers are often protected while other motorists involved tend to suffer the most serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need to protect your rights in dealing with truck drivers and trucking companies in the aftermath. As experienced Downey truck accident attorneys, cases we handle include:
- Head on truck accidents, which often happen on freeways and near exit or entrance ramps;
- Jackknife accidents, which are often due to sudden stops, causing the truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab;
- Side-swipe accidents, which can happen on narrow roads and when trucks attempt to pass;
- T-bone truck accidents, which are common in intersections;
- Truck rollover accidents, which can happen when making turns or going around curves in the road.
How Common Are Truck Accidents And What Are The Causes?
The National Safety Council (NSC) warns that truck accidents represent more than 10 percent of all motor vehicle crashes. This translates into thousands of truck accidents in LA County each year. They often occur due to negligence on the part of the truck driver or the trucking company involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Downey truck accident attorneys help you hold them responsible. Among the most causes of truck accidents in Downey include:
- Reckless driving on the part of the trucker, such as speeding, tailgating, failure to yield, and driving under the influence;
- Overloading and improperly secured cargo, which are major contributing factor in truck rollover accidents;
- Improper truck maintenance, resulting in tire blowouts, brake failures, and other malfunctions that make truck accidents more likely to happen;
- Trucking company policies, such as over scheduling and failure to monitor trucker behavior, which increase truck accident risks.
What Should I Do If A Truck Accident In Downey Happens?
If possible, make the effort to avoid driving directly in front, in back, or alongside a truck. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) refers to these as ‘no-zones’, which are large blind spots that cause you to disappear from the truck driver's view. They increase your risk of being involved in a truck accident and of being impacted by debris. Unfortunately, even if you avoid no-zones you can still be involved in multi-vehicle pile-ups that happen in the aftermath. When any type of truck accident in Downey occurs, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers recommend taking these steps:
- Notify the police immediately;
- Get contact information for the truck driver, the company they work, other drivers involved, and any witnesses at the scene;
- Seek medical care for your injuries and follow all doctor instructions;
- Contact our Downey truck accident attorneys before making any statements to the truck company or their insurers.
How Much Is A Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against claims. To protect your rights, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. While the exact amount you are entitled to depends on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries, our goal is always to get the maximum settlement. If your injuries are severe or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Downey truck accident attorneys can take the truck driver and the company they work for to court. Compensation available in a truck accident lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the truck driver or trucking company acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally handle truck accident cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. For help in getting the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey truck accident attorneys online today to request a consultation.