Downey Slip and Fall Attorneys
Downey Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents in Downey can leave you suffering serious and potentially debilitating personal injuries. When the reckless actions of property owners are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. help you hold them accountable for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer as a result. Our Downey slip and fall attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience representing clients in the local community. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for slip and fall accident victims. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Downey Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Slip and fall accidents in Downey can happen in a variety of places. They are common at local grocery stores, shopping malls, office buildings, hospitals, resorts, and restaurants in the area. While a slip and fall may seem relatively minor, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health warns that they are one of the most common causes of serious personal injuries in our area. When slips and falls impact you or a family member, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Downey slip and fall accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in long term disabilities.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents In Downey Happen?
Under the California Civil Code, property owners have a legal duty to maintain the premises and to warn visitors of dangerous conditions that exist. When they fail to do so, slip and fall accidents can end up occurring as a result. Among the most common causes in cases Harris personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Torn carpeting and loose flooring tile;
- Failure to maintain property landscaping;
- Failure to provide non-slip mats and entrances and exits;
- Lack of proper lighting;
- Lack of handrails on stairs or guardrails at heights.
When you suffer a slip and fall as a result of the above or other reasons, our Downey slip and fall accident attorneys help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
How Do I Get Compensation For Slip and Fall Accident Injuries?
When slips and falls occur due to a property owner’s negligence, you have the right to hold them accountable. In many cases, property insurance is available to cover some of your damages. However, as insurance companies are for-profit businesses, it is not uncommon for them to deny or dispute your claim. Common tactics they frequently employ include:
- Disputing how your slip and fall happened or whether the property owner is to blame;
- Disputing the extent of the injuries you suffer;
- Downplaying the impact your injuries have on your future health or well being and the amount of compensation you deserve.
In this type of situation, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal advocate on your side. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team focuses on aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives to get you the maximum settlement. If a reasonable amount cannot be reached, our Downey slip and fall accident attorneys will not hesitate to take the property owner to court.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
The exact amount of compensation you are entitled to in a slip and fall claim will depend on the circumstances and severity of your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on us to push for the maximum allowed by law. Under the California Civil Code, compensation available includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future care you are likely to require;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future lost income due to ongoing impairments;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the property owner was particularly willful and negligent.
As experienced Downey slip and fall attorneys, we generally handle these types of cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when slip and fall accidents happen. Let us help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey slip and fall attorneys online and request a free consultation today.