Downey Train Accident Attorneys
Downey Train Accident Attorney
For residents of Downey, riding the train offers a convenient way to travel. At the same time, train accidents are common and can result in serious personal injuries. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provide professional legal representation for victims and their families, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Downey train accident attorneys help you hold train companies and their employees accountable. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Get Our Downey Train Accident Attorneys On Your Side
There are plenty of options for taking the train in Downey. Los Angeles Metro Rail passengers can access the C Line directly at a freeway median station on Lakewood Boulevard. They can also use MetroLink stations in nearby Commerce and other nearby locations to go to downtown Los Angeles and other destinations throughout the county. Those who do rely on trains need to be aware of the risks. Unfortunately, train accidents can happen in a variety of ways, resulting in potentially life threatening injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side when dealing with train companies and their insurers in the aftermath. Our experienced Downey train accident attorneys help victims and their families get compensation in the following types of cases:
- Train crashes involving collisions with other trains or fixed objects;
- Train accidents caused by rail cars jumping the tracks;
- Onboard accidents, such as getting struck by objects or thrown from your seat;
- Train station accidents, such as slips and falls;
- Track crossing accidents involving drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
Who Is To Blame For Train Accidents In Downey?
According to the Department of Transportation (DOT), close to 6,000 different types of train accidents happen each year. Roughly a third of those involve injuries to passengers, motorists, or pedestrians. Passengers need to use caution when waiting at train stations, during boarding, and over the course of their trip. Even when not a passenger, you need to be aware of Union Pacific tracks that run through the area. Unfortunately, despite taking precautions train accidents in Downey can still happen. Reckless and negligent actions on the part of the train company or their employees is often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes in cases our Downey train accident attorneys represent include:
- Recklessness on the part of the conductor or engineer, such as going to fast for conditions and being distracted or under the influence;
- Failure of stewards to properly assist passengers or require appropriate storing of bulky items;
- Mistakes made by signalers, switchmen, and other train company workers;
- Defects and problems with the track or the train itself;
- Improper scheduling, lack of training or oversight of workers, and other negligent acts on the part of the train company.
What Should I Do If A Train Accident Happens?
When a train accident in Downey happens, notify train company representatives and the police immediately. Make note of exactly where and when it occurred, contact information for witnesses, and seek medical attention right away. In the aftermath, you will likely be contacted by the train company, which has teams of attorneys working on their side protecting them against claims. Before making any statements that could be used against you or accepting any settlements, speak with our Downey train accident attorneys first. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can negotiate with the train company and their insurers on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If they attempt to dispute your claim, we will not hesitate to take them to court.
How Much Is My Train Accident Case Worth?
While the amount you are entitled to for a train accident in Downey will depend on the circumstances and the extent of your injuries, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to push for the maximum allowed by law. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover current medical bills, lost wages, and any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you suffer due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for if the train company or their employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey train accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.