Downey Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Downey Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ride sharing companies such as Uber and Lyft provide a convenient way to travel. They come in particularly handy when your own vehicle is unavailable and after a night out with friends, but there are risks. Uber and Lyft accidents in Downey are common and can leave you with serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our Downey Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Downey Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Uber was introduced back in 2009. Due to its success, Lyft and other ride sharing services followed soon after. These companies were originally credited with helping to reduce car accidents by reducing the number of impaired drivers on the road. As they become more popular, people began using them to avoid traffic and the hassles of driving themselves. An MIT Technology Review report shows that as demand increased, so did the risks. Uber and Lyft accidents in Downey now occur on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to. Our experienced Downey Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance you need in dealing with ride sharing drivers, the companies they work for, and insurance companies involved. Cases we represent include:
- Car crashes involving Uber and Lyft drivers and other motorists;
- Uber and Lyft passenger accidents, such getting jolted from your seat due to sudden stops;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Any type of ride sharing accident resulting in personal injuries.
What Causes Downey Uber and Lyft Accidents?
Recently released Uber safety reports point to the relatively small percent of fatal accidents involving the company but fail to address the high number of crashes, collisions, and other mishaps that result in personal injuries. When Uber and Lyft accidents in Downey do occur, it is often due to one of the following causes:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as tailgating, failing to yield, improper passing, speeding, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which is a common problem among Uber and Lyft drivers due to over scheduling;
- Vehicle maintenance issues, which make ride sharing accidents and passenger mishaps more likely to occur;
- Negligence on the part of the ride sharing company, for failing to properly screen drivers, monitor their behavior, or restrict driving privileges due to traffic infractions.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on our Downey Uber and Lyft accident attorneys to conduct a full investigation into your case. We determine what happened and who can be held liable in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For An Uber or Lyft Accident In Downey?
In addition to heavily promoting the safety of their services, both Uber and Lyft advertise $1 million insurance policies they have in place to protect drivers and their passengers. Despite this coverage, claims filed over Uber or Lyft accidents in Downey are frequently denied. The company may claim their driver was either not responsible or not logged into the Uber or Lyft app when the accident happened. Even if they do not deny your claim, they are likely to downplay the total amount of damages suffered. In these situations, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong legal advocate on your side. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurers involved with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If your claim continues to be denied or disputed, we will not hesitate to take them to court. Compensation available for an Uber or Lyft accident in Downey may include:
- Coverage of current medical bills and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income in the event of ongoing impairments;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can seek in cases where the ride sharing driver or the company they worked for acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
When Uber and Lyft accidents in Downey happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to in a claim. We generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.