Downey Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Downey Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycles are a convenient way to get around the city and give you the opportunity to take in group riders, rallies, and other events. However, other drivers can present serious risks. When motorcycle accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. help you get the compensation you need to recover. As experienced Downey motorcycle accident attorneys, we hold at-fault drivers accountable and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
When Motorcycle Accident Injuries Happen, Get Our Downey Motorcycle Accident Attorneys On Your Side
Located just 13 miles outside of Los Angeles, Downey is perfect for riding a motorcycle. It makes commutes easier and allows you to take advantage of the many motorcycle events in Los Angeles County. It is important to take safety precautions, though. With little to protect them in crashes, motorcyclists often suffer serious personal injuries. When these happen due to the reckless actions of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to act as a strong legal ally on your side. Our Downey motorcycle accident attorneys hold at-fault drivers accountable so that you can get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of motorcycle accident injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries and road rash, resulting in permanent scars and disfigurement;
- Crushing injuries, impacting limbs and internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, which leave you vulnerable to infection;
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles or tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, which often result in permanent disabilities.
What Are Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Downey?
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), an average of roughly three motorcycle accidents in Downey happen each month, in addition to the hundreds of others across LA County and the surrounding areas. Negligence on the part of other drivers is often to blame. Among the most common causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Attorneys handle include:
- Aggressive driving, such a tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting while behind the wheel;
- Drunk driving and driving under the influence of recreational or prescription drugs;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions.
When the actions of other motorists or motorcyclists leave you with serious personal injuries, our Downey motorcycle accident attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim.
What is The Average Payout For A Motorcycle Accident?
Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents tend to be more severe that in other types of crashes. As a result, the Insurance Information Institute states that financial costs are generally higher, resulting in an estimated $16 billion in losses each year. The average payout for a motorcycle accident in Downey varies depending on the severity of injuries and the circumstances involved. At Harris Lawyers, we help you get the maximum amount you need to recover. With decades’ worth of experience on our side, our Downey motorcycle accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, we can file a lawsuit against the driver. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover current and future medical costs and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your motorcycle accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, an additional amount available in cases where the at-fault driver was particularly negligent, such as having with a high blood alcohol content (BAC).
What Should I Do If A Motorcycle Accident In Downey Happens?
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Downey, follow these steps to protect yourself and your rights to compensation:
- Notify the police immediately;
- Get the names and contact information for any drivers involved and witnesses at the scene;
- Take photos of the accident site and your injuries, if possible;
- Seek medical attention right away and follow your doctor's instructions regarding aftercare and activity restrictions;
- Reach out to our legal team before making any statements to insurers or accepting any settlements.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your call. Our Downy motorcycle accident attorneys generally work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When motorcycle accidents leave you suffering serious personal injuries, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Dowy motorcycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.