Downey Bus Accident Attorneys
Downey Bus Accident Attorneys
Local bus service provides a convenient and cost-effective way to get around the area but it does pose certain risks. Bus accidents in Downey happen on a regular basis and can leave passengers and others involved suffering serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. As experienced Downey bus accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the professional legal representation needed in the aftermath. Our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Downey Bus Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation In A Claim
The City of Downey’s public transit system, DowneyLINK, operates five days a week and provides convenient local service for residents commuting to and from work or running errands. For longer trips throughout the Los Angeles area, it can also connect you with nearby MetroLink bus stations. While you may not hear about them everyday, bus accidents in Downey happen on an alarmingly regular basis. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the trusted legal guidance you need to get compensation in a claim. Common types of cases our Downey bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus accidents involving other buses and motor vehicles;
- Bus accidents involving collisions with fixed objects;
- Bus passenger accidents, such as falling during boarding or getting thrown from your seat;
- Bus station accidents, such as slips, trips, and falls;
- Bus accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians, which often result in life-threatening injuries.
How Do Bus Accidents In Downey Happen?
A bus accident near Downey that happened in 2020 illustrates one of the many ways crashes can happen and the serious impacts they can have on passengers. According to an August 2020 KTLA News report, a teenage driver suspected of being under the influence collided with a Metro bus on Whittier Boulevard and Downey Road in East LA. 14 of the passengers were taken to local hospitals, with three listed as suffering critical injuries. The reckless behavior of other motorists on the road is just one of many ways Downey bus accidents happen. Other common causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Recklessness on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, tailgating, improper passing, and driving while distracted or impaired;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics the same effects as driving under the influence and is a common problem among bus drivers due to over-scheduling;
- Mechanical failures, which often result from a lack of proper bus maintenance;
- Negligence on the part of the bus company, such as for not ensuring public safety at bus stops and for not penalizing bus drivers for traffic infractions.
Any of the above can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. While you focus on your recovery, our Downey bus accident attorneys focus on holding those at fault accountable.
How Do I Get Compensation For Bus Accident Injuries In Downey?
Depending on the circumstances involved, the bus driver, the bus company, and other motorists involved can be held liable for damages you suffer as the result of a bus accident in Downey. The first step generally involves dealing with insurance companies involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance adjusters on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum in a settlement. If your injuries are severe or the bus company disputes your claim, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. You can count on our Downey bus accident attorneys to file the appropriate legal documents with the Los Angeles County Civil Court while gathering medical records, statements from witnesses, and other evidence needed to support your case. Compensation you may be entitled to through a bus accident lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and any future medical expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages and any future losses in income in the event of long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life your bus accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the bus driver or bus company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have decades’ worth of experience helping clients injured in bus accidents get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. We generally work on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey bus accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.