Downey Wrongful Death Attorneys
Downey Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidental injuries in Downey happen on a regular basis. Sadly, these can end up proving fatal for your loved ones. When the reckless and negligent actions of others are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the compassionate, professional legal representation you need to hold them accountable. Our Downey wrongful death attorneys understand how difficult it is to deal with this type of loss and offer the caring support you need during this time. Filing a wrongful death claim can help you get a sense of justice while ensuring final expenses and future losses in income are covered. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Downey Wrongful Death Attorneys Provide The Trusted Legal Guidance You Need
Dealing with the loss of a loved one is always difficult but it is particularly heartbreaking when it could have been prevented. According to the Los Angeles Department of Health, accidental injuries are a leading cause of death in our area. Among the most common causes include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products.
When these types of accidents happen and claim the life of a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Our Downey wrongful death attorneys can outline the options available to hold those at fault responsible for their actions, which may include filing a claim through their insurer or a wrongful death lawsuit against them.
What Qualifies As A Wrongful Death?
Under Section 377.60 of the California Civil Code, a wrongful death is one that is caused by the negligence of others. Negligence is a legal term that means taking actions that put the safety of others at risk or failing to take actions to prevent personal injuries from occurring. Common causes in cases our Downey wrongful death attorneys handle include:
- Dangerous driving behaviors, such as running red lights, speeding, and driving while impaired;
- Lack of maintenance on the part of property owners, such as not providing proper lighting or handrails on stairs and not warning visitors of wet floors or other dangerous conditions;
- Recklessness on the part of sports and recreational facility owners or managers, such as lack of proper training, supervision, and safety equipment;
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers, such as failing to provide warning labels or remove dangerous products from shelves.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can conduct a full investigation into your case, determining how a wrongful death happened and who is ultimately responsible.
Can A Family Sue For Wrongful Death?
As experienced Downey wrongful death attorneys, we know how devastating it can be to deal with the loss of a loved one both emotionally and financially. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), costs associated with a fatal accident can easily reach close to $2 million or more. While nothing can bring back the person you lost or or ease the grief you are experiencing, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get the compensation you need to provide for yourself and your loved ones, now and in years to come. Those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Downey include:
- Spouses and domestic partners of the victim;
- Their children and legal wards;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Grandparents, grandchildren, and other blood relatives;
- Personal representatives of their estate.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
Each situation is as different as the people involved and the amount you may be entitled to in a wrongful death lawsuit will vary depending on the circumstances. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount you deserve. Common types of compensation available in a wrongful death claim includes:
- Coverage of funeral expenses, outstanding medical bills, your current lost wages, and other costs;
- Compensation for future lost income and benefits your loved one would have otherwise earned;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your loss;
- Punitive damages, an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
As experienced Downey wrongful death attorneys, we generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we know that no amount of money can make up for your loss. Our goal is to provide you with a sense of justice and the compensation you and your family will need, both now and in the future. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey wrongful death attorneys online to request a free consultation today.