Downey Car Accident Attorneys
Downey Car Accident Attorneys
Considering our close proximity to Los Angeles and the amount of traffic in our area, car accidents in Downey are a serious concern. When others are responsible, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., to help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our Downey car accident attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience representing people in our community. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
When Car Accident Injuries Happen, Our Downey Car Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
According to the latest statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), close to 900 car accidents in Downey happen each year, ranking us fifth in the state in terms of risk compared to similarly sized cities. Even a seemingly minor crash or collision can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. As experienced Downey car accident attorneys, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need. Common types of car accident injuries suffered by clients in case we represent include:
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting scarring and infections;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as strained or pulled muscles or tendons;
- Broken bones, multiple fractures, and dislocated joints;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limb or internal organs;
- Burn injuries, which can cause permanent disfigurement;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in lasting impairments;
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis.
What Is The Most Common Cause Of Car Accidents In Downey?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health reports that car accidents are the third leading cause of accidental injury death in our area, leaving hundreds of family members grieving. For tens of thousands of other victims, car accident injuries can end up impacting them for years to come. In many cases, the reckless driving behaviors of others are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Downey car accident attorneys help you hold them accountable. Among the leading causes of car accidents in Downy include:
- Distracted driving, which includes talking on cell phones, texting, changing GPS settings, and checking social media or emails while driving;
- Impaired driving, which includes alcohol, recreational drugs, and prescription or over the counter medications;
- Running red lights, stop signs, and other traffic infractions;
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Tailgating, failing to yield, and other aggressive driving behaviors.
Do I Need A Car Accident Attorney In Downey To File A Claim?
When a car accident in Downey happens due to the recklessness of others, you may be entitled to compensation through automobile insurance policies they have in place. However, dealing with insurers often proves challenging as they have a tendency to either deny or undervalue claims. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Downey car accident attorneys deal with insurers on your behalf. Steps our legal team can take to help you get the maximum amount in any settlements include:
- Conducting our own investigation into your case;
- Gathering witness statements, surveillance tapes, and other evidence to show what happened;
- Obtaining statements from your doctor detailing the extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery;
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives until a reasonable settlement amount is reached.
In cases where the at-fault driver is uninsured or policy limits fail to cover your costs, we will not hesitate to file a car accident lawsuit against them through the Los Angeles County Civil Court.
What is The Average Settlement For A Car Accident?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount you need to recover from car accident injuries in Downey. We generally handle these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. While the exact amount you are entitled to will depend on the circumstances and extent of your injuries, common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your car accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly negligent manner, such as driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
When car accidents leave you suffering serious injuries, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to take the legal actions needed to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a claim. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey car accident attorneys online today.