Downey Brain Injury Attorneys
Downey Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries in Downey can impact you for months or even years to come. When they happen due to the reckless actions of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Downey brain injury attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Downey Brain Injury Attorneys Act As A Strong Legal Advocate On Your Side
Located just 15 miles from downtown Los Angeles, the City of Downey is a bustling urban community that boats a small town, neighborly feel and residents enjoy an active lifestyle. Unfortunately, this can increase the risk for accidents, in which serious brain injuries often result. Brain injuries can happen due to even minor bumps or jolts to the head. These disrupt neural pathways in the brain, resulting in physical, cognitive, and emotional impairments. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on the side of victims and their families in this situation. Our Downey brain injury attorneys determine exactly what happened and who is responsible. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents involving buses and other types of public transit;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Premises liability accidents, such as falls and getting struck by or against objects;
- Accidents due to dangerous or defective products;
- Any type of accident in which brain injuries happen.
What Are Common Types of Brain Injuries?
According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), more than 50,000 people visit hospital emergency rooms due to brain injuries in Los Angeles County each year. Among the most common types include:
- Concussion, which is when bumps, blows, or jolts to the head cause the brain to slam into the walls of the skull;
- Diffuse axonal injury, which causes damage to brain cells;
- Edema, resulting in swelling in the brain;
- Hematoma, which is when blood clots form in the blood vessels surrounding the brain;
- Hemorrhage, which results in bleeding within the brain or brain tissues
Whenever any type of brain injury is suspected, it is important to seek medical care immediately. Symptoms often include headaches, dizziness, difficulty in communicating, memory problems, nausea or vomiting, and personality changes. Unfortunately, these can result in permanent impairments. While you focus on recovering, our Downey brain injury attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries In Downey?
Accidents resulting in brain injuries often occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. Examples include:
- Drivers who engage in such as speeding, running red lights, driving drunk or distracted, and other dangerous behaviors;
- Property owners, who fail to maintain the premises or warn visitors of dangers;
- Sports and entertainment facility owners or organizers, who fail to take the appropriate safety precautions;
- Product manufacturers, who fail to provide proper instructions or pull dangerous products from shelves.
At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, we help you hold those at-fault accountable when you suffer brain injuries. In some cases, insurance can help cover your damages. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available or your injuries are severe, our Downey brain injury attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against those involved.
How Much Is My Brain Injury Case Worth?
Each case is different and the amount of compensation you are entitled to will depend on the severity of your brain injury and the circumstances involved. However, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to fight to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your brain injuries cause.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., you can count on us to act as a strong legal advocate on your side when brain injuries happen. We generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Downey brain injury attorneys online to request a free consultation today.