Hanford Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Hanford Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle accidents in Hanford occur on a regular basis. Sadly, bicyclists involved in these crashes often suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. In many cases, it is the reckless actions of others on the road which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we hold them accountable and help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our Hanford bicycle accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing clients. When bicycle accidents impact you or someone you love, you can count on us to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents In Cases Our Hanford Bicycle Accident Attorneys Represent
Bicycling is a popular hobby in Hanford. In addition to health benefits, plenty of people rely on bicycling as an inexpensive and environmentally-friendly form of transportation. Bike Map shows close to 60 miles of designated bicycle trails throughout our immediate area. While these are relatively safe, once you leave the trail and head out onto the road your bicycle accident risks significantly increase. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent people who have suffered serious injuries as a result of bicycle accidents. In our years of experience as Hanford bicycle accident attorneys, it is generally the actions of others which are to blame. Dangerous driving behaviors that make bicycle accidents more likely to happen include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as failure to yield, improper passing, and tailgating;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescriptions and over the counter medications;
- Drowsy driving, which causes many of the same effects as drunk driving.
How Serious Are Bicycle Accident Injuries?
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), bicycle accidents in Hanford occur an average of more than once a month. With little to protect them in collisions involving motor vehicles, the injuries bicyclists suffer tend to be severe. These can prevent you from working while resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Our Hanford bicycle accident attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side when filing a claim. Common types of bike accident injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Torn muscles and other soft tissue injuries;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limbs or internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, which may include damage to the spinal cord;
- Head injuries, such as concussion and traumatic brain injuries, which can put you at risk for permanent disabilities.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries In Hanford?
If you are a victim of a bicycle accident, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need. We can assist you in filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer, aggressively negotiating on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If the other driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Hanford bicycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit through the Kings County Civil Court. Common types of compensation available in this type of claim include:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future lost income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life your bicycle accident injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault party acted in a particular willful and negligent manner.
What If My Bicycle Accident Was A Hit and Run?
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for drivers responsible for bicycle accidents to attempt to leave the scene. If this happens to you, you can trust our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to take the swift legal actions needed. Ways in which our Hanford bicycle accident attorneys can help identify the driver so they can be held accountable include:
- Contacting eyewitnesses, who may be able to offer a description of the driver;
- Reviewing nearby surveillance tapes in an effort to identify the vehicle involved;
- Working with the police to solicit tips from the general public;
- Talking to local mechanics, who the driver may have contacted in seeking repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request a Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we generally represent bike accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford bicycle accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.