Hanford Dog Bite Attorneys
Hanford Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs provide a steady source of love, companionship, and protection for their owners. Unfortunately, too many dog owners fail to show any consideration for others and allow them to run loose in public places. When you suffer serious dog bite injuries as a result, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is here to help. Our experienced Hanford dog bite attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need to get compensation in a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for our clients. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Hanford Dog Bite Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
The Hanford Municipal Code places a limit on the number of domestic animals residents can keep on their property. Dog owners have the additional obligation of keeping their pets properly restrained at all times and preventing them from becoming a public nuisance. When they fail to do so, serious and potentially life-threatening dog bites and attacks can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Hanford dog bite attorneys protect the rights of victims in these cases. We hold dog owners accountable and help you get the compensation you need to recover. Common types of dog bite injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Severe cuts and lacerations, which occurs due to clawing and results in potentially permanent scarring;
- Muscle and tendon strains or sprains, which can happen while attempting to fight the dog off;
- Deep puncture wounds, caused by the dog teeth;
- Loss of limbs or other body parts, due to the ferocity of an attack;
- Potentially life-threatening infections, due to bacteria in the dog’s saliva.
In addition to physical injuries, dog bite victims often experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This can result in problems such as anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders.
What Are My Rights In Seeking Compensation For Dog Bite Injuries?
In some states, you can not hold the dog owner liable for dog bite injuries if there were no signs the dog was aggressive in the past. Fortunately, this is not the case in California. Under Section 3342 of the California Civil Code, dog owners can be held responsible for damages you suffer, regardless of the dog’s past behavior or general temperament. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our Hanford dog bite attorneys help you get compensation when injuries occur as a result of the following:
- When dog owners fail to leash their pets in parks, stores, restaurants, or other public settings;
- When they recklessly allow their pets to roam neighborhoods and apartment complexes;
- When they fail to properly restrain their pets when entertaining visitors at their home;
- When they fail to post signs warning a potentially dangerous dog is on the property.
How Much Is My Dog Bite Case Worth?
The goal for our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is to get you the best possible results in your case. The exact amount you are entitled to depends on the circumstances involved and the extent of the injuries you suffer. In some cases, property insurance may cover some of your damages. Our Hanford dog bite attorneys can guide you in filing an insurance claim, aggressively negotiating with representatives on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, the best course of action may be to take the dog owner to court. We can file the necessary legal documents while taking action to ensure any final judgments are paid. Compensation available in a dog bite lawsuit filed through the Kings County Civil Court includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs, which include current medical costs and lost wages as well as any future losses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your dog bite injuries result in;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the dog’s owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Hanford dog bite attorneys generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Dog bite injuries have the potential to impact you for years into the future. However, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. To ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford dog bite attorneys online and request a free consultation today.