Hanford Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Hanford Truck Accident Attorneys
Semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs are difficult to navigate and require a high degree of skill in terms of the driver. When even minor mistakes happen, major truck accidents can happen as a result. Unfortunately, other motorists involved generally suffer the most serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
With decades worth of combined experience, our Hanford truck accident attorneys protect your rights when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when truck accidents happen, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Hanford Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
As an agricultural town and commercial center for the San Joaquin Valley, Hanford experiences a significant amount of truck traffic on local roads and interstates. Motorists in our area are used to encountering 18-wheelers and other large trucks on the road, but it is still be intimidating and for good reason. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), truck accidents claim the lives of close to 5,000 people each year and leave more than 100,000 others suffering serious personal injuries.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help truck accident victims get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Common types of cases our Hanford truck accident attorneys handle include:
- Head-on truck accidents, which can happen when truckers mistakenly cross into opposing lanes or go the wrong way on interstates;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which s when the ruck trailer rides up at an angle alongside the truck, usually due to slamming on the brakes;
- Rollover truck accidents, which can happen when trucks make too sharp a turn or go too fast around curves;;
- Sideswipe and side-impact or ‘t-bone’ truck accidents, which can happen when passing or in intersections;
When any type of truck accident happens, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to hold those at fault accountable.
Who Is To Blame For Truck Accidents?
CalTrans Truck Network maps show truck routes crisscrossing throughout Hanford and the surrounding areas. Truck drivers and the companies they work must follow strict regulations to ensure the safety of other road users, yet truck accidents and injuries can still occur.
As experienced Hanford truck accident attorneys, we know that it is often other drivers on the road who suffer the most harm. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation to determine how your truck accident happened and who can be held accountable. Common causes in cases we represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding, tailgating, distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of experience or proper licensing, which is a common factor in many truck accidents;
- Improper loading practices, which make it more likely for the truck driver to lose control of their rig;
- Lack of proper truck maintenance, which increases the risk of sudden tire blowouts and brake failures;
- Negligence on the part of the trucking company, for failing to properly train drivers, over scheduling, or not providing time for breaks while on the road.
How Can I Get Compensation In A Truck Accident Claim?
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys on their side ready to defend them against claims. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. Our experienced Hanford truck accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurers for the driver and the trucking company involved to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements.
In cases where your injuries are severe and insurance policies fail to cover your damages, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit through the Kings County Civil Court against those responsible. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim include:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and the costs of any testing, treatment, medications, or physical therapy you are likely to require in the future;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your truck accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered if the trucking company or the truck driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today And Request A Free Consultation
Truck accident injuries can impact you for years into the future. Unfortunately, you only have one chance to get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need to get the compensation you deserve. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford truck accident attorneys online today and request a free consultation.