Hanford Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Hanford Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents in Hanford can leave you and your passengers suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. When the reckless driving behaviors of others are to blame, why should you have to pay for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur as a result? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Our Hanford car accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience helping local clients. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in car accident cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
Common Types of Crashes and Collisions Our Hanford Car Accident Attorneys Represent
As one of the leading causes of personal injuries, car accidents in Hanford occur on a regular basis. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), they impact close to 250 local residents each year. Injuries you suffer as a result can leave you with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses. Meanwhile, ongoing disabilities can impact your ability to work, now and in the years to come.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side in this situation. While you focus on your recovery, our Hanford car accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of car accidents we represent include:
- Rear-end car accidents: These crashes often happen in heavy traffic and in parking lots.
- Sideswipe car accidents: These types of collisions can happen when other drivers attempt to pass, swerve into your lane, or fail to yield.
- Side impact or ‘t-bone’ car accidents: One of the most common and serious types of crashes, they often happen in intersections.
- Head-on car accidents: These are one of the leading causes of fatal car accident injuries and can happen on rural roads or on highways and interstates.
- Rollover car accidents: Common among taller vehicles, these can happen when making too tight a turn or when going too fast around curves.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
According to research conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), driving errors are the leading cause of car accidents. These include simple mistakes that can have catastrophic results, such as not looking both ways before pulling out into traffic. They also include intentional behavior on the part of the driver, such as:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding stop signs;
- Aggressive driving behavior, such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or medications.
When these or other factors contribute to car accidents in Hanford, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold those at fault responsible.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
The amount of money you may be entitled to after a car accident will depend on the severity of your injuries and the type of claim you pursue. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can assist you in seeking compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurer, aggressively negotiating on your behalf. Unfortunately, insurers are known for denying or downplaying claims and the maximum amount you receive will be limited by the amount of coverage the driver has in place.
In cases where your injuries are severe or the at-fault driver is uninsured, our Hanford car accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Under the California Civil Code, this can entitle you to additional compensation not available through insurers, which includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual expenses, including coverage of medical bills, reimbursement for lost wages, and the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle. It also covers any future medical costs and losses in income you suffer as a result of your accident
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for pain, suffering, any scarring or disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to long term disabilities.
- Punitive damages: There are cases in which the at-fault driver may have acted in a particularly reckless and negligent manner, such as going at high speeds through school zones or driving with an extremely high blood alcohol content. The judge may order them to pay additional amounts, known as punitive damages, as a form of punishment.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover when a car accident happens. To ensure you get the maximum amount, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. We generally represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford car accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.