Hanford Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Hanford Uber and Lyft Attorneys
Uber and Lyft accidents are just as if not more likely to happen than any other type of crash. When they do, serious personal injuries often occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the aggressive legal representation needed to hold Uber or Lyft drivers and the companies they work for accountable.
As experienced Hanford Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we are dedicated to ensuring you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions on behalf of our clients. To discuss how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Hanford Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Provide the Trusted Legal Guidance You Need
Relying on ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft spares you the hassle and expense of taking your own vehicle. In addition to saving you money on gas, parking, and car maintenance costs, ridesharing services are a safer alternative to driving yourself home after a night out drinking.
When first introduced to the Bay area in 2009, traffic safety experts predicted ridesharing services would reduce the number of traffic fatalities on the road. While there were some improvements in overall car accident rates early on, MIT Technology Review reports that those numbers have begin to climb again in recent years. Recklessness on the part of ridesharing drivers and the companies they work for is to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need when involved in an Uber or Lyft accident. Common types of cases our Hanford Uber and Lyft accident attorneys handle include:
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving other vehicles;
- Collisions with stationary objects, such as telephone poles and guardrails;
- Incidents that occur during your trip, such as being injured when a driver goes too fast around curves or slams on the brakes;
- Accidents that happen while waiting for your Uber or Lyft to arrive;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents involved Uber and Lyft.
What Are The Leading Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents?
According to Uber user reports, more than three million people across the U.S. rely on ridesharing services each day. While Uber, Lyft, and other providers claim that passenger safety is their top priority, overseeing all of the vehicles and drivers involved is an impossible task. Without proper oversight or precautions in place, Uber and Lyft accidents are more likely to happen.
As experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we help injured victims hold those at fault accountable in a claim. Common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Dangerous behavior on the part of the driver, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Failure on the part of the driver to properly respond to the reckless actions of other motorists on the road;
- Lack of proper vehicle maintenance, which makes Uber and Lyft accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligent company policies, such as failure to properly vet drivers, penalize them for traffic infractions, or monitor the number of shifts they work.
What Are My Rights In Filing An Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
When Uber and Lyft accidents happen due to the reckless actions of drivers or ridesharing companies, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries the same as you would in any other type of crash. However, unlike other car accidents, companies such as Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours.
While you focus on your recovery, our Hanford Uber and Lyft accident attorneys focus on getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. We aggressively negotiate on your behalf with insurers for both the company and the driver involved. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate in taking them to court. Damages you may be entitled to include:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement of lost wages and any future losses in income or benefits due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you experience, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order to punish the driver or the ride-sharing company involved for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on us to help you get the compensation you need to recover when ride sharing accidents happen. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.