Hanford Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Hanford Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidental injuries that happen to your loved ones can up proving fatal. This is a devastating situation, particularly when it occurs due to the reckless actions of others involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are here for you during this difficult time. We provide the professional legal representation need to hold those responsible accountable in a wrongful death claim.
Our experienced Hanford wrongful death attorneys are dedicated to helping people throughout our community in these types of cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. We know that no amount of money will bring back those you lost, but a wrongful death claim can help in rebuilding your life and in providing a sense of justice for the victim. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Hanford Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in California and throughout the United States. They can occur in a variety of situations and it is often the reckless actions of others involved that are to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand what a difficult time this is for your family. As experienced Hanford wrongful death attorneys, our goal is to ensure the at-fault party is held accountable. Common types of wrongful death cases we handle include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Workplace and worksite accidents;
- Accidents that occur due to defective and dangerous products;
- Falls, getting struck by objects, and other types of accidents that occur on someone else’s property.
What Are Common Causes of Wrongful Death?
In a wrongful death case, the negligent actions of others are responsible for loss of life. Negligence is generally defined as taking actions that result in personal injuries or failing to take actions that could have prevented them from occurring.
Our Hanford wrongful death attorneys investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s passing to determine how it happened and who is at fault. Common causes of wrongful death in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, driving distracted, and driving under the influence;
- Recklessness on the part of property owners and managers, such as failing to properly maintain the premises, to take safety precautions, or to make repairs as needed;
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers, such as failing to provide proper instructions or knowingly distributing products that are defective.
- Negligence on the part of company owners and operators, as well as administrators, event planners, coaches, or others involved in failing to take precautions to prevent a wrongful death from occurring.
Who Is Entitled To File A Wrongful Death Claim?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know how tragic it is to know that the death of a cherished loved one could have been prevented. Our Hanford wrongful death attorneys are here to help you recover.
Under the California Civil Code, when the reckless and negligent actions of others result in wrongful death, the victim’s survivors have the right to file a claim. This includes:
- Parents and grandparents of the victim;
- Their spouse or domestic partner;
- Their children, step-children, and legal wards;
- Legal guardians and other blood relatives who may have been entitled to inherit from them;
- Personal representatives of the victim’s estate.
What Types of Compensation Are Available In Wrongful Death Cases?
Our Hanford wrongful death attorneys know that no amount of money can make up for your losses. However, a wrongful death claim can provide a sense of justice for the victim while making sure you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted.
Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will guide you in the specific types of compensation available in your case. This may include:
- Economic damages: This covers tangible costs, such as funeral expenses, outstanding medical bills, lost wages, and future losses in income the victim would otherwise have earned.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment in life, and loss of companionship due to your loved one’s passing.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order, meant to punish those at-fault for behavior that was particularly willful and negligent.
Reach Out and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we generally represent clients in wrongful death cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. Get the compassionate support and professional legal guidance you need during this difficult time. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford wrongful death attorneys online to request a consultation today.