Hanford Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Hanford Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Hanford happen on a regular basis and injuries suffered by victims are often severe. In many cases, it is the reckless actions of drivers involved which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you need to recover in an injury claim.
Our Hanford pedestrian accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing local clients and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards with millions of dollars. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Hanford Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Walking is an excellent form of exercise and a common hobby in Hanford. While walking trails at Hidden Valley, Freedom, and Coe Parks provide a level of safety, pedestrians face significant risks in busy neighborhoods and along city streets. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), approximately 40 people are injured in pedestrian accidents in Kings County each year, which averages to nearly four people each month. More than two-thirds of these occur in Hanford.
Unfortunately, even a relatively minor pedestrian accident can cause serious personal injuries. These can leave you facing mountains of medical expenses while being unable to work or participate in your favorite hobbies and activities. In this situation, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you deserve. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Hanford pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and herniated discs;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Burn injuries and road rash;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body parts or internal organs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon sprains and tears;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in temporary or permanent paralysis.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Happen?
There are a number of road issues in the City of Hanford that can make pedestrian accidents more likely to happen. A lack of sidewalks, crosswalks, and traffic signs or signals at busy intersections are all common factors that increase pedestrian accident risks, but ultimately it is the reckless actions of other motorists that are often to blame.
As experienced Hanford pedestrian accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the aggressive legal representation needed to hold these drivers accountable. Among the leading causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we handle include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding stop signs or crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription and over the counter medications.
How Do I File A Pedestrian Accident Claim?
When a pedestrian accident leaves you suffering serious personal injuries, there are two general options for filing a claim. The first is to seek compensation through the at-fault drivers insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, protecting your rights and helping to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements.
If the at-fault driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Hanford pedestrian accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit through the Kings County Civil Court. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and any future medical expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages and any future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Payments for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount designed to punish the at-fault driver for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
What Happens In Pedestrian Hit and Run Accidents?
According to the American Automobile Association (AAA), roughly one out of every five pedestrian accidents involves a hit and run driver. In these types of cases, you can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to take the swift legal actions needed to identify and hold the at-fault driver accountable. This includes:
- Reviewing accident reports and statements from local law enforcement officials;
- Interviewing witnesses from the scene to get a description of the driver;
- Reviewing surveillance video from nearby stores of traffic signals to identify the vehicle;
- Visiting local repair shops, where the driver may have taken their car after.
As experienced Hanford pedestrian accident attorneys, we generally represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to getting pedestrian accident victims the compensation they need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.