Hanford Train Accident Attorneys
Hanford Train Accident Attorneys
In Hanford, passenger and commercial trains operate on a daily basis. Unfortunately, the high volume of service makes train accidents more likely to happen. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims get the compensation they deserve. As experienced Hanford train accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation needed when dealing with train companies and their insurers. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a claim. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when train accidents happen and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Hanford Train Accident Attorneys Represent
In the City of Hanford, nearly 50 commercial trains pass through on a daily basis. Meanwhile, passenger trains make Hanford easily accessible from cities throughout the state. The high volume of trains and the extensive network of tracks in our area make train accidents in Hanford more likely to happen. Sadly, serious and potentially life-threatening injuries often occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover. Cases our Hanford train accident attorneys represent include:
- Train derailments;
- Train crashes involving other locomotives or motor vehicles;
- Onboard accidents that impact passengers during their trip;
- Train station accidents, such as slips, and falls or getting struck by objects;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents that occur on or near train tracks.
What Causes Train Accidents In Hanford?
According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), nearly 2,000 major train crashes happen each year. This number fails to reflect more minor collisions, onboard accidents, and incidents involving train tracks, which cause serious personal injuries for thousands of other victims. When train accidents happen in Hanford, Harris Personal injury Lawyers provides the trusted legal representation victims and their families need. We conduct a thorough investigation to determine the causes and who is ultimately responsible. As experienced Hanford train accident attorneys, common factors in cases we handle include:
- Reckless operations on the part of the train conductor or engineer, such as speeding, being distracted, or operating the train while under the influence;
- Errors on the part of train company employees, such as signalers, switchmen, and others who perform important operational tasks;
- Improper maintenance and mechanical issues, involving freight carriers, passenger cars, or the train tracks;
- Negligence on the part of train companies, such as over-scheduling and failure to properly train or oversee employees, which makes train accidents more likely to happen.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
Amtrak provides passenger train service in Hanford while Burlington Northern Sante Fe (BNSF) is responsible for most of the commercial trains running through the San Joaquin Valley. When train accidents happen, these companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against claims. Get our Hanford train accident attorneys fighting on yours. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with the train company and their insurers on your behalf. Our goal is always to ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to take the train company and other at-fault parties involved to court. Filing a personal injury lawsuit in the aftermath of a train accident in Hanford is generally the best way to ensure you get the compensation you need to for your medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses.
How Much Is My Train Accident Case Worth?
Each case is different and the exact amount you are entitled to will depend on the specific circumstances involved and the extent of your injuries. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code in train accident cases include:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs associated with your train accident, such as current medical expenses, lost wages, and any future costs you are likely to incur due to ongoing disabilities. In cases where train accident injuries prove fatal, economic damages include funeral expenses and lost income the victim would otherwise have earned.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for intangible losses, such as pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment in life, and loss of companionship due to train accident injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order. It is meant to punish the train company or others involved for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
it is important to note that at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Hanford train accident attorneys generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provide the aggressive legal representation you need when train accidents happen. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford train accident attorneys online today.