Hanford Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Hanford Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents in Hanford can happen in a variety of ways and often result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim.
Our experienced Hanford bus accident attorneys work aggressively on your behalf in holding bus drivers and the companies they work for accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when bus accidents happen, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Hanford Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
In Hanford, bus service is provided through Kings Area Rapid Transit (KART). With stops throughout the city, many local residents rely on the bus to get to work or to run daily errands. While it is an inexpensive and relatively convenient form of travel, taking the bus is not without certain risks.
Bus accidents in Hanford happen on a regular basis. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps victims get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of cases our Hanford bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus accidents involving collisions with stationary objects;
- Bus crashes involving other buses or motor vehicles;
- Onboard incidents, such as slips and falls or being thrown from your seat;
- Accidents that occur at bus stops or stations;
- Bus accidents involving nearby pedestrians and bicyclists.
What Causes Bus Accidents?
According to statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 60,000 major bus accidents happen each year, while thousands of more minor collisions and onboard incidents go unreported. When serious personal injuries occur as a result, there are often multiple parties who are to blame.
As experienced Hanford bus accident attorneys, we conduct a thorough investigation to determine how your accident happened and who can be held accountable. Common causes of bus accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, driving distracted, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training and experience, which increases the odds of dangerous driving errors;
- Lack of property bus maintenance, which makes bus accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligent bus company policies, such as not providing proper training and oversight or over scheduling routes and drivers, which puts passengers at increased risk.
What Should I Do If A Bus Accident Happens?
In even a seemingly minor bus accident, injuries you sustain could impact your health and financial security for years into the future. Why should you have to pay for something that was not your fault? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to.
As experienced Hanford bus accident attorneys, our legal team is here to guide you in filing a claim. To protect yourself and your rights to compensation, we encourage you to follow these steps in the aftermath of any type of bus crash, collision, or onboard incident:
- Notify law enforcement or other appropriate parties immediately so that an accident report can be filed;
- Get the names of the driver, the company they work for, and any others involved;
- Make note of any witnesses who may have seen the bus accident or how your injuries happened;
- Seek medical care, regardless of the severity of your injuries or the symptoms you suffer.
In the days immediately after, you are likely to be contacted by the bus company’s insurer. Before making any statements or accepting any settlements, consult with our Hanford bus accident attorneys first.
How Much Is My Bus Accident Case Worth?
Insurance companies are notorious for denying and undervaluing claims. While each case is different and the exact amount you are entitled to will depend on the extent of your injuries and the circumstances involved, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping you get the maximum you deserve.
Our Hanford bus accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as current and future lost wages and medical expenses;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in the event the bus driver or bus company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, we generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford bus accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.