Hanford Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Hanford Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
The open nature of a motorcycle allows riders to feel at one with their surroundings. While this is part of the appeal of riding, the same quality increases the risk for motorcycle accidents resulting in serious injuries. In the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of others that are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold them accountable. As experienced Hanford motorcycle accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need to get compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer. With decades worth of combined experience serving the local community, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Our Hanford Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
In addition to being a primary means of transportation, motorcycling is a popular hobby for residents of Hanford and for visitors passing through our area. Only an hour or so away from the Sierra Nevada's and several national parks, there are miles of scenic highways and local roads that are perfect for riding. Motorcycle rallies and events such as The Great Hanford Motorcycle Show and Swap make it a popular destination for motorcycle enthusiasts from nearby towns and cities throughout the state. Unfortunately, the large number of riders passing through Hanford means there is a greater risk for motorcycle accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation needed in these cases. As experienced Hanford motorcycle accident attorneys, we help you get the compensation you need to recover when the following common types of injuries occur:
- Torn muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue injuries;
- Severe cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot engine parts or fluids;
- Dislocated joints and multiple bone fractures;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body limbs and internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Injuries to the spine, which can result in permanent paralysis.
What Are Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), dozens of people are injured by motorcycle accidents in Kings County each year. More than a third of these occur in Hanford. While adverse road, weather, and traffic conditions can increase the likelihood of a motorcycle accident, it is generally the reckless actions of others on the road which are ultimately to blame. When a crash or collision impacts you or someone you love, our Hanford motorcycle accident attorneys help you hold those at fault accountable. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signs and signals;
- Not giving motorcyclists enough room on the road or weaving in and out of their lanes;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones, texting, or adjusting GPS settings;
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which causes the same types of impairments as driving under the influence.
How Do I File A Claim For A Motorcycle Accident?
When the actions of nearby motorists or other motorcyclists leave you suffering serious injuries, you have the right to seek compensation. Your first option is to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf, to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Hanford motorcycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against them. Under the California Civil Code, damages you may be entitled to in this type of claim include:
- Coverage of both current and future medical costs, which includes testing, treatment, follow-up visits, physical therapy, and medications;
- Reimbursement of lost wages and compensation for future losses in income or benefits due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your motorcycle accident injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the driver responsible for your motorcycle accident acted in a particularly reckless and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When motorcycle accidents happen, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We typically handle motorcycle accident cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hanford motorcycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.