Hollister Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Hollister Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle accidents in Hollister happen on a regular basis. With little to protect cyclists in collisions involving motor vehicles, bike accident injuries are often severe. In cases where the reckless actions of the driver are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold them accountable in a claim.
With decades of combined experience, our Hollister bicycle accident attorneys help you get the compensation you deserve. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients we represent. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a consultation today.
Cases Our Hollister Bicycle Accident Attorneys Represent
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports at least one bicycle accident per month in San Benito County. Nearly all of these occur directly in Hollister. Residents rely on cycling for fun, exercise, and as a primary means of transportation. Unfortunately, traffic throughout the area puts them at risk.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know firsthand the serious injuries that often occur as a result. Our Hollister bicycle accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation victims need to get compensation in a claim. Common types of bicycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Left cross bicycle accidents: These often happen in intersections, when a car coming from the opposite direction crosses left, either directly in front of or into a bicyclist.
- Right cross bicycle accidents: This occurs when a motorist pulls out from the right side of the street, either hitting the bicyclist or causing the bicyclist to hit them.
- Right hook bicycle accidents: This is when a motorist either passes or is alongside a bicyclist to their left and makes an immediate right.
- Head-on collision bicycle accidents: As the name implies, this is when a driver strikes a bicyclist head-on.
- Rear-end bicycle accidents: These are common at red lights, stop signs, and in heavy traffic conditions.
- Dooring accidents: This happens in areas of on-street parking when drivers open up their car doors without checking their rear view mirror first.
What Are Common Causes Of Bicycle Accidents?
Under the California Vehicle Code, bicyclists are required to follow traffic rules and regulations the same as any other road user. They are also encouraged to take additional safety precautions to prevent bicycle accidents from happening.
When crashes and collisions involving motor vehicles do occur, it is typically the bicyclist who suffers the most serious harm. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of drivers are to blame. Our experienced Hollister bicycle accident attorneys help you hold them accountable. Dangerous driving behaviors responsible for bicycle accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding stop signs;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones or texting;
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol, ‘street’ drugs, or prescribed and over the counter medications.
How Do I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
When a bicycle accident happens, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you in filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. We aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement.
If the driver is uninsured or your bicycle accident injuries are severe, our Hollister bicycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: This covers tangible costs, such as your medical costs and lost wages. It also compensates you for any future expenses you incur due to long term disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your bicycle accident injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount that may be ordered by a judge in a lawsuit, meant to punish the at-fault party for actions that were particularly willful and negligent.
What If My Bicycle Accident Was A Hit and Run?
In cases of hit and run bike accidents, you can trust our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to take the actions needed to identify the driver. These include:
- Interviewing witnesses who were at the scene, who may be able to identify the driver;
- Working with the media in seeking tips from the general public;
- Reviewing nearby surveillance footage, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Talking to local repair shops, where the driver may have taken their car in the aftermath.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request a Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. typically represents bicycle accidents victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To get our team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister bicycle accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.