Hollister Truck Accident Attorneys
Hollister Truck Accident Attorneys
Sharing the road with truckers makes most drivers uneasy and for good reason. When truck accidents happen, it is generally other motorists who suffer the most harm. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. Our Pasadena truck accident attorneys take on trucking companies and their drivers, protecting your rights in filing a claim. With decades worth of experience representing clients in truck accident claims, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
Cases Our Hollister Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
Mapping from the California Department of Transportation (DOT) shows a vast network of truck routes running throughout San Benito County and the surrounding areas. With several major state arteries intersecting in Hollister, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs are a regular sight on local roads, putting other drivers at risk. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation needed when truck accidents happen. As experienced Hollister truck accident attorneys, we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Common types of truck accidents in cases we represent include:
- Head-on truck accidents: These often happen when truckers lose control of their rig and swerve into opposing lanes.
- Jackknife truck accidents: Sudden stops or slamming on the brakes can cause the truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab at an angle.
- Rear-end truck accident: These typically happen in areas with steep inclines, in heavy traffic, or in areas under construction.
- Rollover truck accidents: Imbalances with loads and speeding are frequently factors in these crashes.
- Sideswipe truck accidents: These can happen due to improper passing and not checking blind spots.
- T-bone truck accidents. Red-light running and not obeying stop signs can cause truckers to slam directly into the side of your vehicle.
- Under ride truck accidents: These happen when trucks lack safety precautions that are required by law.
Who Is Responsible For Truck Accidents?
California Highway Patrol (CHP) reports that as many as 40,000 truck accidents happen throughout the state each year. These often result in serious and potentially life-threatening injuries to motorists involved. When the reckless and negligent actions of others are to blame for a truck accident, you have the right to hold them accountable. As experienced Hollister truck accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine the causes of who is responsible. Typically, this is likely to include:
- The truck driver: Reckless driving behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, or driving while drowsy, distracted, or under the influence are a leading cause of truck accidents. Driver inexperience or lack of training may also play a role. Truck drivers also increase the risk of accidents when they fail to properly load or secure their cargo.
- The trucking company: Trucking companies can be held liable for failing to properly vet drivers, for requiring overly demanding schedules, and for not allowing drivers to take breaks while on the road. They can also be held accountable for failing to make sure that trucks being used are properly maintained, that the appropriate precautions are taken with cargo, and that drivers are penalized for infractions.
- Truck manufacturers and parts supplies: When defects in the truck’s design or in parts such as brake pads, tires, or trailer hitches contribute to a truck accident, manufacturers and suppliers can be held responsible.
How Do I File A Truck Accident Claim?
When truck accidents happen, truck drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. Our Hollister truck accident attorneys can aggressively negotiate with the various insurers involved, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. If a reasonable insurance settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit against those involved. Damages available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages, which cover current medical expenses and lost wages as well as any future losses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to disabilities.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the driver or the trucking company acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent truck accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister truck accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.