Hollister Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Hollister Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents in Hollister happen on a regular basis. Whether it involves a major bus crash or a seemingly minor onboard incident, injuries you suffer as a result have the tendency to be severe. When these impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim.
As experienced Hollister bus accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To request a free consultation, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Common Types of Cases Our Hollister Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
In Hollister, the San Benito County Express offers extensive bus service throughout the area. For longer trips, the nearby Greyhound station in Gilroy can take you to destinations throughout the state. Busses provide a convenient, inexpensive, and environmentally form of transportation, but taking one carries certain risks.
Bus accidents can happen in a variety of situations. When they do, you can be left suffering serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need in filing a claim. Common types of cases our Hollister bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus accidents involving collisions with other buses or motorists;
- Bus accidents in which drivers crash into fixed objects, such as guardrails or telephone poles;
- Bus station and bus stop accidents, which can involve passengers and nearby pedestrians or bicyclists;
- Onboard incidents, such as slips and falls, being struck by objects, or getting thrown from your seat;
- Any type of crash, collision, or other bus-related incident that causes you to suffer personal injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that more than 60,000 bus accidents occur each year. While road, weather, and traffic conditions are often contributing factors, it is generally the actions of bus drivers and the companies they work for that are to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can conduct a thorough investigation into your bus accident to determine how it happened and who can be held accountable. As experienced Hollister bus accident attorneys, common causes in cases we handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, running red lights, being distracted, or driving under the influence;
- Improper bus maintenance, which can result in mechanical breakdowns that make bus accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligence on the part of bus station employees, in terms of failing to properly maintain the premises and to properly load cargo or baggage;
- Negligence on the part of the bus company, such as requiring overly demanding schedules, failure to property vet drivers, and failure to punish them when traffic violations occur.
What Should I Do If A Bus Accident Happens?
When any type of bus accident happens, your first step should be to notify the driver and the proper authorities. It is important to get the police on the scene so that an accident report can be filed. You should also seek medical care immediately, regardless of the severity of your injuries. Failure to take these steps could jeopardize your health and your rights in a bus accident claim.
As experienced Hollister bus accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in the options available for seeking compensation. In some cases, you may be entitled to a settlement through insurers involved. Our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, to ensure you get the maximum amount. In cases where your injuries are severe or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those involved.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Bus Accident Claim?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent victims of bus accidents in Hollister on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. While each case is different and the exact amount you receive will depend on the circumstances in your case, common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement of lost wages and compensation for future losses in income in the event of permanent disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount ordered in court cases to punish those at fault for conduct that was particularly willful and negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today And Request A Free Consultation
To help ensure you get the compensation you need to recover after a bus accident, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister bus accident attorneys online today and request a free consultation.