Hollister Brain Injury Attorneys
Hollister Brain Injury Attorneys
When any type of accident results in bumps and blows to the head or sudden jarring movements, brain injuries can occur as a result. Symptoms may be subtle at first but can result in long term disabilities. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our Hollister brain injury attorneys have decades of combined experience helping people throughout our community. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side in cases where brain injuries occur. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
When Brain Injuries Happen, Get Our Hollister Brain Injury Attorneys On Your Side
Bumps and blows to the head are among the most common type of personal injury. Even seemingly minor impacts or sudden jolts can result in traumatic brain injuries, commonly referred to as TBI. According to statistics from the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR), brain injuries send more than one million people to hospital emergency rooms each year and result in over 50,000 deaths. Accidents are the most common cause. At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, we provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation brain injury victims and their families need in filing a claim. Common causes of brain injuries in cases our Hollister brain injury attorneys handle include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Accidents that occur while taking public transportation;
- Slips, trips, falls, and other types of mishaps that occur on another’s property;
- Getting struck by or against objects;
- Accidents that happen during sports and recreational activities.
What Are Common Symptoms Of Brain Injuries?
At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, we urge you to seek medical attention immediately if an accident happens and any type of head injury is suspected. Even a minor bump or blow can disrupt neural pathways in the brain, resulting in serious and potentially life-threatening conditions. The Mayo Clinic advises that common symptoms to watch for include:
- Blurred vision;
- Loss of balance;
- Lack of muscle control and coordination;
- Loss of memory;
- Inability to communicate thoughts or understand what is being said;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Mood changes, such as increased anxiety, depression, or fits of rage;
- Excessive sleepiness and difficulty in waking up;
- Loss of consciousness.
Any of the above symptoms may indicate a concussion, fractured skull, bleeding in the brain, and other types of brain injuries. Unfortunately, the impacts that result from brain injuries can cause lasting impairments, impacting the victim’s physical functioning, cognitive processes, communication abilities, and overall personality. In these types of cases, our experienced Hollister brain injury attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families by identifying those who may be at fault and holding them accountable in a claim.
How Do I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries?
When accidents resulting in brain injuries happen, it is generally the reckless actions of others involved that are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in your options in terms of seeking compensation. Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to file a claim against insurance policies the at-fault party has in place. As experienced Hollister brain injury attorneys, we gather the evidence needed in support of your case and aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf. Our goal is always to get you the maximum amount in any settlements. In the event insurance is unavailable or your brain injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit against those involved through the San Benito County Courts. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as your medical expenses and lost wages. It also covers future costs you are likely to incur, such as ongoing medical treatment, physical therapy, and lost income due to long term disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as your pain and suffering. It also covers any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order that is meant to punish those at-fault in accidents for conduct that was particularly willful and negligent.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Hollister brain injury attorneys typically work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal advocate on the side of brain injury victims and their families, helping them get the compensation they are entitled to. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister brain injury attorneys online and request a free consultation today.