Hollister Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Hollister Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing services can save you from having to sit idle in traffic while sparing you car maintenance and repair costs. However, it is important to be aware of the risks. Uber and Lyft accidents in Hollister occur on a regular basis and can result in serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. Our Hollister Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Hollister Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
When Uber and Lyft were first introduced, traffic safety experts hailed ridesharing services as a way to reduce drunk driving-related car accidents. While the number of car crashes in general did drop at first, they have been steadily increasing over recent years. A Technology Review report claims that the sheer number of Uber and Lyft drivers on the road and the lack of oversight in the ridesharing industry are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need when Uber and Lyft accidents happen. Our goal is to ensure injured victims get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Cases our Hollister Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent include:
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving collisions with other motor vehicles;
- Uber and Lyft accidents in which drivers crash into fixed objects, such as guardrails and telephone poles;
- Uber and Lyft accidents that happen during your trips, such as being throw from your seat or being struck by objects;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists;
- Any situation involving Uber, Lyft, or other ridesharing services in which injuries occur.
Who Is To Blame For Uber and Lyft Accidents?
There are a variety of different ridesharing providers in Hollister for residents to choose from. Regardless of the company you pick, it is important to be aware of the potential dangers. When Uber or Lyft accidents do happen, you can be left suffering serious personal injuries. When this occurs, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We can conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine what caused your ridesharing accident and who can be held responsible. Among the most common causes in cases our Hollister Uber and Lyft accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the Uber or Lyft driver, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Failure to properly maintain vehicles used in providing services, which increases the risk of Uber and Lyft accidents;
- Failure to properly vet drivers, such as not screening for past traffic violations or a history of car accidents;
- Other acts of negligence on the part of ridesharing companies, such as failing to monitor driver schedules or to limit their hours on the road.
How Do I File A Claim For An Uber or Lyft Accident?
When ridesharing accidents happen, companies such as Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys on their side. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. There are several options you have in terms of seeking compensation for your injuries. The first is to file an insurance claim against the Uber or Lyft driver and the company involved. While companies such as Uber and Lyft heavily promote their $1 million insurance policies covering drivers, the fact is that getting these companies to pay can prove challenging. Our Hollister Uber and Lyft accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit against them in court.
How Much Is My Uber or Lyft Accident Claim Worth?
Each case is different and the exact amount you are entitled to will vary depending on the extent of your injuries and the circumstances involved. However, common types of compensation available under the California Code includes:
- Economic damages: This covers your actual costs, such as medical expenses and lost wages. It also compensates you for any future treatment costs or lost income you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life caused by your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the ridesharing driver or the company they worked for acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we typically represent clients injured in Uber and Lyft accidents on a contingency basis. That means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.