Hollister Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Hollister Wrongful Death Attorneys
The passing of a friend or family member is always painful. It is particularly difficult when their death could have been prevented. When accidental injuries claim the life of someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need.
As experienced Hollister wrongful death attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you hold those at fault accountable. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of victims and their families in wrongful death cases. No amount of money can bring back your loved one, but a wrongful death lawsuit can provide a sense of justice. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Trusted Legal Guidance From Our Experienced Hollister Wrongful Death Attorneys
A wrongful death is one that occurs due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that it is one of the leading causes of death in the United States, claiming the lives of nearly 200,000 people each year.
In Hollister, wrongful death can occur in a variety of situations. When it happens to one of your loved ones, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a wrongful death claim. Among the leading causes of wrongful death in cases our Hollister wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Accidents involving buses and other types of public transportation;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which you are struck by or against objects at events or on another’s property;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents caused by defective or dangerous products.
Who Pays for A Wrongful Death?
Accidents do not just happen. They are generally due to the recklessness of others involved. While the at-fault party may not have meant to cause your loved one harm, they can still be held accountable for their actions.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death to determine what happened and who is responsible. In some cases multiple parties may have been involved. Among those most likely to be liable in cases our Hollister wrongful death attorneys handle include:
- Motorists, due to dangerous driving behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Property owners, for failing to maintain the premises and for not warning visitors that dangers exist;
- Businesses and their employees, for reckless actions that contribute to accidents, such as failing to properly monitor their activities and overlooking general safety precautions;
- Product manufacturers, for distributing products with dangerous design defects or failing to provide the proper instructions regarding product use.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim?
When someone you care about passes due to the actions or inaction of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a wrongful death claim. Our Hollister wrongful death attorneys know that no amount of money can ease your suffering or bring back your loved one, but filing a claim can provide a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in a way they would have wanted. Under the California Civil Code, those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim include:
- Parents, grandparents, or legal guardians of the victim;
- Their spouse or domestic partner;
- Their natural or adoptive children or grandchildren;
- Other blood relatives, such as siblings;
- Their personal representatives;
- Anyone who would otherwise be entitled to inherit from their estate.
How Can A Wrongful Death Attorney Help Me?
In wrongful death cases, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, to provide the caring support and professional legal representation you need. In some cases, filing an insurance claim may be an option. Our Hollister wrongful death attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve.
In cases where insurance is unavailable or fails to adequately cover your losses, the best course of action may be to file a wrongful death lawsuit through the California Civil Court. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Reimbursement of outstanding medical expenses and funeral costs;
- Coverage of lost income and benefits your loved one would have earned;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and loss of companionship or enjoyment in life due to a wrongful death;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the at-fault party may be required to pay if their actions were particularly willful and negligent.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help family members of accident victims get a sense of justice when a wrongful death occurs. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister wrongful death attorneys online today to request a free consultation.