Hollister Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Hollister Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Residents rely on walking in Hollister both as an inexpensive form of transportation and as a way of staying physically fit. Unfortunately, the amount of traffic throughout the area means there is an increased risk of pedestrian accidents and injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you need to recover. Our Hollister pedestrian accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing local clients in claims. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation you need. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Hollister Pedestrian Accident Attorneys On Your Side
Pedestrian accidents in Hollister are unfortunately common. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), they typically occur at least once a month and often leave victims suffering serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. In the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of motorists that are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need to protect your rights in this situation. Our Hollister pedestrian accidents act as a strong legal advocate on your side, holding at-fault drivers accountable for the following types of dangerous behaviors:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding stop signs;
- Failing to yield at crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cellphones, texting, or changing GPS settings;
- Driving while excessively tired and falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs and medications.
How Serious Are Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
With little to protect them in crashes involving motor vehicles, pedestrian accident injuries tend to be severe. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that nearly 6,000 people are killed each year in pedestrian accidents, which averages to roughly one every 88 minutes. Even in relatively minor cases, injuries suffered by pedestrians can end up resulting in permanent disabilities. As experienced Hollister pedestrian accident attorneys, we hold at-fault drivers accountable and help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of pedestrian accident injuries suffered by clients in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries and road rash;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limbs and internal organs;
- Disfiguring cuts and lacerations;
- Dislocated joints and torn joints;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Muscle and tendon sprains or strains and other soft tissue injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How Do I File A Pedestrian Accident Claim?
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires all drivers to carry a mandatory minimum amount of insurance coverage to protect others in the event of accidents in which they are to blame. This includes pedestrian accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can guide you in filing an insurance claim, aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf. You can trust us to help ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. In the event the driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Hollister pedestrian accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement of lost wages and any future lost income you are likely to suffer due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your pedestrian accident injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What Happens In A Hit and Run Pedestrian Accident In Hollister?
In an effort to evade responsibility, at-fault drivers in pedestrian accidents often flee the scene. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can help you bring them to justice. Actions our Hollister pedestrian accident attorneys take on your behalf include:
- Reviewing police reports filed in your case;
- Interviewing witnesses from the scene;
- Reviewing surveillance tapes obtained from nearby stores or traffic signals;
- Interviewing mechanics at local repair shops, where the at-fault driver may have taken their vehicle.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent pedestrian accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To ensure you get the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.