Hollister Train Accident Attorney
Hollister Train Accident Attorneys
Taking the train in Hollister avoids the hassles of traffic and affords scenic views. While train travel is common in our area, so are train accidents. When these leave you suffering potentially serious injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., help you get the compensation you need to recover. Our Hollister train accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing clients in these cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when train accidents happen, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To request a free consultation, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Hollister Train Accident Attorneys Represent
In Hollister, you can reach the Salinas Amtrak station in 20 minutes or less, which takes you to destinations throughout the southern part of the state. A half-hour north, the Gilroy Caltrans station makes stops throughout surrounding counties and the entire Bay area. Whether for work or pleasure, trains are a convenient and cost-effective form of travel. However, it is important to be aware of the risks. Train accidents happen on a regular basis, resulting in serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. When these impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the aggressive legal representation you need. Our Hollister train accident attorneys protect the rights of victims in the following types of cases:
- Train crashes, which may involve collisions with stationary objects, other trains, or nearby motorists;
- Train derailments, which are one of the most common types of train accidents;
- Train track accidents, which can happen while waiting for trains or when attempting to cross tracks;
- Passenger train accidents, such as slips and falls while boarding, getting struck by or against objects, and other potentially serious accidents that occur during your trip.
What Causes Train Accidents To Happen?
According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), close to 2,000 train accidents happen throughout the U.S. each year. More than 10 percent of these occur in California. These reflect only major train accidents, the type that typically makes headline news. Thousands of other seemingly minor train accidents and onboard mishaps involving passengers go largely unreported. With the high number of trains running throughout the surrounding areas, residents of Hollister are at an increased risk of train accidents and injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we thoroughly investigate these types of cases to determine how they happened and who can be held responsible. Among the most common causes in cases our Hollister train accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the train conductor or engineer;
- Lack of proper training among train company employees;
- Errors on the part of train operations and scheduling staff;
- Lack of proper safety precautions onboard, at train stations, and near tracks;
- Negligence on the part of train companies in terms of how they operate their business;
- Negligence on the part of train manufacturers and supplies, for producing dangerous or defective train parts and supplies.
How Can I Get Compensation For Train Accident Injuries?
When train accidents in Hollister happen, the train company and its employees can be held financially responsible for the damages you suffer. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with train company representatives and insurers on your behalf, gathering the evidence needed in your case. Unfortunately, train companies are often more concerned with their company’s public image rather than accepting responsibility for their own or their employee's actions. In cases where they deny your claim or fail to agree to reasonable settlement terms, our experienced Hollister train accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them.
How Much Is My Train Accident Case Worth
Even seemingly minor train accident injuries can result in tens of thousands of dollars in medical costs and lost wages. As you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover, it is important to get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. As our Hollister train accident attorneys typically represent clients on a contingency basis, you pay no legal fees unless we get money for you. While each case is different, compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and any future treatment expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income in the event of ongoing impairments;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the train company may have to pay if its actions in causing your train accident were particularly willful and negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation Today
Train companies have teams of attorneys on their side. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on yours. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister train accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.