Hollister Dog Bite Attorneys
Hollister Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs are popular pets in Hollister, providing both companionship and protection. However, dog owners have certain duties they are required to follow. When they fail to do so, serious dog bites and attacks can occur as a result. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the professional legal representation needed in these cases. As experienced Hollister dog bite attorneys, we hold dog owners accountable. You can count on us 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you get the compensation you deserve when dog bites happen. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Hollister Dog Bite Attorneys Are Here To Help You
The City of Hollister has strict laws when it comes to owning pets. When owners fail to adhere to them, they can be held legally liable for injuries that occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively defend the rights of victims in dog bite cases. Let us help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Hollister dog bite attorneys, we help you hold dog owners accountable when injuries occur due to the following:
- Allowing dogs to be off-leash in parks and other public places;
- Allowing them to roam freely through neighborhoods and apartment complexes;
- Not restraining them unexpected visitors or invited guests come to your home;
- Not posting signs warning that a potentially dangerous dog is on the premises.
Are Dog Dog Bite Injuries Serious?
Dogs have a reputation as being ‘man’s best friend’, but the fact is that even the most mild-mannered dog can attack and cause considerable harm in certain situations. According to statistics from Canine Journal, roughly 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the U.S. In more than 800,000 of these cases, injuries suffered by victims are severe enough as to require hospital care. As experienced Hollister dog bite injuries, we see firsthand the serious damage that dog bites can cause. Common types of dog bite injuries suffered by clients in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Deep puncture wounds, which can cause excessive blood loss and damage to internal organs;
- Deep claw marks and scratches, which can cause permanent scarring;
- Torn muscles and tendons, caused by shaking motions the dog makes;
- Broken bones, due to the dog’s jaws clamping down on victims;
- Loss of limbs or use of certain body parts, due to the force of an attack.
In addition to these injuries, even a seemingly minor dog bite or scratch can put you at risk for potentially life-threatening diseases and infections. Victims of dog bites and attacks often experience severe emotional trauma as well. Regardless of the severity of a bite or the symptoms you suffer, it is important to seek medical care for dog bites immediately to protect your health and your rights in filing a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Dog Bite Injuries?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a dog bite claim. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to seek compensation through the dog owner’s insurer. Property owners and renters insurance policies often have provisions covering dog bites. State Farm Insurance alone spent close to $125 million in dog bite claims each year. While insurers do cover dog bites, getting them to pay can be a challenge. As experienced Hollister dog bite attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with them on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in a settlement. In the event insurance is unavailable, we can assist you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against the dog owner. If your injuries are severe, this is likely to be your best option. A lawsuit generally entitles you to additional types of compensation not unavailable through an insurance claim.
How Much Is My Dog Bite Case Worth?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team acts as a strong legal advocate on the side of dog bite victims. Our Hollister dog bite attorneys generally work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. While each case is different, common types of compensation you may be entitled to in a dog bite lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income or benefits due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, mental anguish, and any scarring or disfigurement you suffer;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the dog owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
When dog bites injuries impact you or someone you love, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. to help you get the compensation you need to recover. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Hollister dog bite attorneys online today.