Napa Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Napa Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycling is a fun hobby and a great way to stay physically fit, but it offers little in the way of protection. When collisions involving motor vehicles happen, injuries bicyclists suffer can be severe. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you need to recover. With decades worth of combined experience serving residents of our area, our Napa bicycle accident attorneys provide the trusted guidance and professional representation you need. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of bike accident victims. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Napa Bicycle Accident Attorneys Get You The Compensation You Need To Recover
There are an abundance of opportunities for bicycling in Napa County. In addition to being a convenient and environmentally friendly way to get around the city, there are plenty of trails and cycling routes throughout the area to explore. Unfortunately, bicyclists do need to be aware of the risks. Bike accidents In Napa happen on a regular basis and even a seemingly minor crash or collision can result in potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims of bike accidents get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Napa bicycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Crushing injuries, causing permanent damage to body organs and limbs;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How Do Bicycle Accidents Happen?
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that roughly 50 people are injured or killed in bicycle accidents in Napa County each year. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of drivers on the road are to blame. When you suffer injuries as a result of a bicycle accident, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold at-fault drivers accountable. Dangerous driving behaviors that are frequent factors in cases our Napa bicycle accident attorneys handle include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Failure to yield to bicyclists in crosswalks and at intersections;
- Weaving in and out of bike lane;
- Opening car doors without checking for cyclists first;
- Making turns and striking bicyclists in surrounding lanes;
- Tailgating, improper passing, and other aggressive driving behaviors.
How Do I File A Bicycle Accident Claim?
California drivers are required to maintain a mandatory minimum amount of insurance coverage. Their driving privileges may be suspended by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for failing to comply. These policies cover other motorists who suffer injuries as a result of their actions. It applies to bicyclists as well. While insurance companies are often quick to deny or downplay bicycle accident claims, Harris Personal Injury Attorneys aggressively negotiate with them on your behalf. As experienced Napa bicycle accident attorneys, our goal is always to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements offered. In the event the other driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them through the Napa County Civil Court. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future medical care you may require;
- Reimbursement of lost wages and any future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your bicycle accident injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If My Bicycle Accident Was A Hit and Run?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team represents bicycle accident victims on a contingency basis. This means there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you. In cases involving hit and run drivers, you can count on our Napa bicycle accident attorneys to take the actions needed to identify them so they can be held accountable. This includes:
- Interviewing witnesses at the scene to identify the driver;
- Obtaining nearby video surveillance tapes to identify the vehicle;
- Working with law enforcement to solicit tips from the public;
- Visiting local mechanic shops, where the driver may have gone for repairs.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is dedicated to helping bicycle accident victims get the maximum amount of compensation they need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa bicycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.