Napa Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Napa Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
In Napa, residents rely on ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft for running errands and getting to and from work, as well as for going on wine tastings and other types of outings. When accidents happen, serious personal injuries can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. As experienced Napa Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, you can count on us to provide the trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation you need. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Napa Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Ridesharing is one of a variety of transportation options in Napa. It is a relatively inexpensive alternative to maintaining your own vehicle and helps to reduce drunk driving risks when visiting local vineyards. At the same time, there is no ignoring the dangers. Uber and Lyft accidents happen on a regular basis in Napa. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the aggressive legal representation you need. Our Napa Uber and Lyft accident attorneys help victims get the compensation they need to cover medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses in the following types of cases:
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving collisions with other motorists;
- Single vehicle accidents, where an Uber or Lyft driver crashes into objects such as telephone poles or guardrails;
- Incidents that occur during your trip, such as being jolted or thrown from your seat due to sudden stops or turns;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving pedestrians;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists and other road users.
What Causes Uber and Lyft Accidents?
When Uber and Lyft were first introduced, they were credited with helping to reduce fatal drunk driving accidents. Business Insider reports that traffic safety statistics did show a general decrease in traffic fatalities at that time. However, they have steadily increased in the years since. This can be attributed to the large number of Uber and Lyft drivers on the road and a lack of oversight on the part of ride-sharing companies. At Harris Personal Injuries, we determine how your ridesharing accident happened and who is responsible. Common causes in cases our Napa Uber and Lyft accident attorneys handle include:
- Traffic violations on the part of Uber and Lyft drivers, such as speeding and running red lights or stop signs;
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as distracted driving, aggressive driving, drowsy driving, and driving under the influence;
- Vehicle maintenance issues, which make ridesharing accidents more likely to happen.
- Negligence on the part of ridesharing companies, for failing to properly vet drivers, oversee their schedules, or punish them for traffic violations.
What Should I Do If An Uber or Lyft Accident Happens?
When an Uber or Lyft accident happens, it is important to take the same steps you would in any other crash. Notify law enforcement immediately, get personal contact and insurance information for all drivers involved, and seek medical care for your injuries. In a ridesharing accident, it is also important to get the name of the company they work for. These companies have large insurance policies in place which can help to compensate for your injuries. Uber and Lyft both boast million-dollar insurance policies designed to protect drivers and passengers injured in crashes. Unfortunately, getting these companies to pay could prove to be a challenge. As for-profit businesses, they have a financial motive to either deny or downplay your claim. To protect yourself, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers immediately after an Uber or Lyft accident and before making any statements to insurers or accepting any settlements.
How Much Is My Uber or Lyft Accident Claim Worth?
While each case is different, our Napa Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. We aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our legal team will not hesitate to take the driver and the company they work for to court. Common types of compensation available in a lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of both current medical costs and any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future lost income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded to punish the at-fault driver or the ridesharing company for particularly negligent actions.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.