Napa Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Napa Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Napa are common and generally happen due to the reckless actions of motorists. Injuries you suffer as a result have the potential to be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide professional legal representation to help victims in these accidents get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Our Napa pedestrian accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience protecting local residents and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards with millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Napa Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Downtown Napa provides an abundance of options for walking. There are numerous shops, eateries, and historic sections to explore while trails and vineyards are just a short hike away. Walking does provides numerous health benefits and is an environmentally friendly way to get to work or run errands, but it is important to be aware of the risks. Pedestrian accidents in Napa happen on a regular basis, resulting in serious personal injuries. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps victims get the compensation they need to recover in these cases. Generally, reckless behavior on the part of motorists is to blame. Our Napa pedestrian accident attorneys defend the rights of clients in seeking compensation when injuries occur due to the following:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as failing to yield at crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
Where Are Pedestrian Accidents Most Likely To Happen?
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), an average of two people each month are seriously injured or killed as a result of pedestrian accidents in Napa. Places where these accidents are most likely to happen include:
- At crosswalks and intersections;
- Near public parks and schools;
- In parking lots and at store entrances and exits;
- In areas where sidewalks are not available.
With little to protect them in collisions, pedestrian injuries have the potential to be severe. If you or someone you love is a victim, it is important to report the incident to police, seek immediate medical attention, and contact our Napa pedestrian accident attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away.
What Are Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Even in a seemingly minor accident, injuries caused to pedestrians can be debilitating. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focuses on getting you the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Napa pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Road rash and burn injuries;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Crushing injuries, resulting in damage to limbs and body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, potentially impacting discs, vertebrae, or the spinal cord;
- Head injuries, such as concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
How Can I Get Compensation In A Claim?
When a pedestrian accident occurs, you may be entitled to compensation through the at-fault drivers insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and their representatives on your behalf to ensure any settlements offered cover all of your expenses. In the event insurance is not available or your injuries are severe, our Napa pedestrian accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, including both current and future medical expenses and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages: These cover the pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount which may be ordered by the judge to punish the at-fault driver for particularly willful and negligent conduct.
What If My Pedestrian Accident Involving A Hit and Run?
It is not uncommon for drivers to flee the scene in the aftermath of a pedestrian accident in order to avoid responsibility. When this happens, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take the actions needed to identify them. This includes:
- Working with local law enforcement officials to get the word out among the public;
- Interviewing witnesses from the scene, who may have seen the driver;
- Obtaining surveillance footage from nearby stores or traffic signals, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Visiting local mechanic shops, where the driver may have gone for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request a Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.