Napa Dog Bite Attorneys
Napa Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs can be found on vineyards throughout Napa Valley and at parks, stores, restaurants, and other public places in town. While they have a well-earned reputation for being trusted companions, even the most gentle dog can bite in certain situations. When dog bites or attacks impact you or those you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold the owner accountable. Our Napa dog bite attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in this situation. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To discuss your rights in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Trusted Legal Representation From Our Napa Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs owners in Napa enjoy numerous privileges in terms of places they can take their pets. However, there are still strict laws in place which they must follow. Under the Napa Municipal Code, dogs must be licensed and kept under control at all times. This includes restraining them on personal property and when out in public places. When dog owners disregard these laws, they can be held responsible for personal injuries that occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal representation victims of dog bites and attacks need. As experienced Napa dog bite attorneys, we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common situations in which dog bites often occur include:
- When dog owners fail to use leashes or harnesses in stores, restaurants, or other public places;
- When they allow dogs to run freely through neighborhoods and housing complexes;
- When they fail to provide fencing or other restraints on their property;
- When they fail to post warnings to visitors that a potentially dangerous dog is on the premises.
What Causes A Dog To Bite or Attack?
According to statistics from the Napa Humane Society, close to five million people are victims of dog bites in the United States each year. Even the friendliest, most mild-mannered dog can get aggressive in certain situations. Common scenarios include:
- When the dog feels threatened and protective of their owner or property;
- When they are tired, sick, or in pain;
- When they are hungry and feel their food source is in danger;
- When they are startled by loud noises, such as yelling, car horns, or fireworks.
As experienced Napa dog bite attorneys, we handle cases in which serious injuries occur as a result. Regardless of the reasons for an attack, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold the dog's owner responsible.
What Are Common Dog Bite Injuries?
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal advocate on the side of victims in dog bite cases. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team focuses on getting the compensation you need to recover to in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Napa dog bite attorneys represent include:
- Defensive wounds, such as broken bones and soft tissue injuries due to fighting off an attack;
- Deep scratches and torn flesh caused by the dog’s claws, which can result in lasting scars;
- Puncture wounds caused by the dog’s teeth, which have the potential to result in loss of limbs or other body parts;
- Potentially life-threatening infections caused by bacteria in the dog’s saliva.
In addition to the above, victims of dog bites are often left with lasting emotional trauma and potentially permanent disabilities. These can result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs while impacting your ability to earn a living for years to come.
How Do I File A Claim When Dog Bites and Attacks Happen?
You have only one chance to seek compensation after a dog bite or attack. The top priority for our Napa dog bite attorneys is ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. In some cases, the dog owner may have property insurance to cover your damages. In others, the best course of action is to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit filed through the Napa County Courts. Under the California Civil Code, dog owners can be held liable in a lawsuit even if the animal showed no aggressive behavior in the past. Damages you may be entitled to in your claim include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, which compensate you for pain, suffering, disfigurement, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the dog’s owner acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation
When dog bites happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. helps you get the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa dog bite attorneys to request a consultation today.