Napa Train Accident Attorneys
Napa Train Accident Attorneys
Trains are often considered as one of the safest ways to travel. Unfortunately, the reality is that train crashes, collisions, and onboard mishaps involving passengers happen on a regular basis. When they do, injuries you suffer can be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we hold those at-fault accountable so that you can get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Our Napa train accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing clients throughout our community who are injured in these types of crashes. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To discuss your options in filing a claim, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Aggressive Legal Representation From Our Napa Train Accident Attorneys
Rail service is interwoven into the fabric of life in our area. The Napa Valley Wine Train offers leisurely rides throughout the region on historic rail cars that are a throwback to a more opulent era. For longer trips, Amtrak trains pass directly through downtown Napa via the Soscol Gateway Transit Center and can take you to destinations across the state and throughout the country. Both offer riders a more unique experience compared to other methods of travel, but neither is without certain risks. Train accidents happen on a regular basis. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the aggressive legal representation victims need. As experienced Napa train accident attorneys, common types of cases we handle include:
- Train accidents involving collisions with other trains or fixed objects;
- Rail crossing accidents, which can result in life-threatening injuries for motorists;
- Train crashes that occur as a result of trains jumping the tracks;
- Train station accidents, which can involve passengers as well as nearby bicyclists or pedestrians;
- Boarding accidents and mishaps that occur during your trip, such as slips and falls, getting thrown from your seat, or being struck by luggage or other objects.
What Causes Train Accidents To Happen?
According to Operation Lifesaver, a non-profit group dedicated to raising awareness regarding train safety, California has one of the highest train accident rates in the country. Close to 200 major train crashes and collisions are reported throughout the state each year. This is in addition to countless other, more minor types of collisions and onboard incidents. These often go unreported but can still result in serious personal injuries. Considering the popularity of train travel in our area, residents and visitors to Napa are at an increased risk. At Harris Personal Injuries Lawyers, common causes in cases our Napa train accident attorneys represent include:
- Reckless actions on the part of the conductor or engineer, such as speeding, being distracted, or operating the train while under the influence;
- Mistakes on the part of railroad signalers, switchmen, schedulers and other workers in performing important functions;
- Failure on the part of train station staff in maintaining a safe environment and helping passengers during the boarding and unloading process;
- Mechanical defects and problems with the tracks, that make train accidents more likely to occur;
- Negligence on the part of the train company, for failing to provide the proper oversight or to have the appropriate policies in place to protect passengers.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
Even a relatively minor train accident or onboard mishap can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. When these happen due to negligence on the part of train companies or their employers, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need to get compensation in a claim. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team will be busy conducting our own train accident investigation, gathering the evidence needed in your case. We aggressively negotiate with train companies and their insurers with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. In cases where your injuries are severe and insurance is not enough to cover your costs, we can guide you in filing a civil lawsuit against those at fault. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code in this type of claim include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the train company or their employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, the judge may order this additional amount as a form of punishment.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation you need when train accidents happen. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.