Napa Truck Accident Attorneys
Napa Truck Accident Attorneys
Sharing the road with semi-trucks, tractor trailers, and other types of big rigs puts drivers at risk for truck accidents in Napa. When a crash or collision occurs, it is generally other motorists involved who suffer the most serious injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our experienced Napa truck accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the aggressive legal representation you need. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Napa Truck Accident Attorneys On Your Side
California has one of the highest truck accident rates in the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 350 truck crashes and collisions happen each year. Our close proximity to the Bay area and the amount of truck traffic running throughout the Napa Valley puts local residents at an increased risk. When truck accidents happen, companies involved have teams of attorneys ready to defend them against claims. To protect your rights, get Harris Personal Injuries Lawyers on your side. Our experienced Napa truck accident attorneys help you get the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer. Common types of truck accidents cases we represent include:
- Head-on truck crashes: One of the most common and dangerous types of truck accidents, these often occur on one way streets and at highway exit or entrance ramps.
- Jackknife truck accidents: Another common type of truck accident, these occur when the truck driver slams on the brakes, causing the trailer to run up alongside the cab at a ninety-degree angle.
- Rollover truck accidents: These often happen due to shifting loads or when drivers go too fast around curves in the road.
- Under ride crashes: This can happen when a trucker stops suddenly, causing the vehicle behind them to go completely under the trailer. Under ride guards are required to prevent this from happening.
- Sideswipe truck accidents: These generally happen when a truck driver attempts to pass another vehicle or when they fail to see drivers alongside them.
- T-bone crashes: Another common and dangerous type of truck accident, this is when a truck slams directly into the side of a vehicle.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
There are numerous factors which can contribute to truck accidents in Napa. Adverse weather, heavy traffic conditions, and narrow or hazardous roads all increase the risks. However, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that in the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of the truck driver or the company they work for which are ultimately to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold those at fault accountable. Among the most common causes in cases our Napa truck accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver: This includes behaviors such as speeding, tailgating, failure to yield, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training or experience: Truck drivers who lack experience or the proper qualifications are more likely to make dangerous mistakes
- Poor truck maintenance: Preventable problems such as tire blowouts, brake failure, and engine issues can all increase truck accident risks;
- Improper loading practices: Uneven or unsecured loads can cause a driver to lose control of their rig;
- Negligent trucking company policies: Trucking companies can be held liable for not providing proper training, for over-scheduling drivers, and for not punishing truckers for traffic infractions.
How Do I File A Truck Accident Claim?
When a truck accident happens, you may be entitled to compensation through an insurance claim. At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, our legal team aggressively negotiates with the trucking company and insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your settlement. In cases where your injuries are severe or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Napa truck accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible through the Napa County Civil Court. This often entitles you to additional types of compensation including:
- Coverage of both current and future medical expenses you incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income or benefits;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount designed to punish the truck driver or the trucking company involved.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent truck accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa truck accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.