Napa Car Accident Attorneys
Napa Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents happen unexpectedly and can leave you and your passengers suffering serious and potentially life threatening personal injuries. When another motorist’s reckless driving behavior is to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., helps you hold them accountable. Our Napa car accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience providing local residents with the trusted, aggressive legal representation they need. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in car accident claims. To get our team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Napa Car Accident Attorneys Represent
Regardless of how safe or experienced a driver you are, the actions of others on the road can put you in danger. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), over 300 car accidents in Napa occur each year. In terms of risks, Napa ranks in the top five compared to similarly sized cities throughout the state. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation victims need when car accident injuries occur. Common types of cases our Napa car accident attorneys represent include:
- Head on collisions, which are among the most dangerous type of car accident and often occur on one way streets, freeways, and near exit or entrance ramps;
- Rear-end collisions, which typically happen in heavy traffic conditions;
- Rollover accidents, which often involve larger vehicles, such as Jeeps and SUVs;
- Side impact accidents, which are common in parking lots and at intersections;
- Side sweep accidents, which can occur when others attempt to pass or swerve into your lane.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents In Napa?
Heavy traffic conditions, adverse weather, and ongoing construction projects in Napa County all increase car accident risks. However, in the majority of cases, it is the reckless driving behaviors of others on the road which are ultimately to blame. As experienced Napa car accident attorneys, we take the legal actions needed to hold at-fault drivers accountable for injuries you suffer. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common causes of car accidents in cases we handle include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones, texting, and changing GPS settings;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which can have the same effects as driving impaired.
How Can I Get Compensation For Car Accident Injuries?
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) advises that all drivers are required to maintain a mandatory minimum amount of insurance coverage. When a car accident happens and results in serious personal injuries and property damages, you have a right to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s policy. Unfortunately, dealing with insurers can prove challenging and it is not uncommon for them to either deny or downplay your claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. In the event your injuries are severe or the other driver is uninsured, we can guide you in filing a civil lawsuit against them. Under the California Civil Code, this may entitle you to additional types of compensation. Damages available in your case may include:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs, such as your medical expenses and lost wages. It also covers the cost of any future medical care you are likely to require and lost income due to ongoing disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, including pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your car accident injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount which may be ordered in your case. It is meant to punish at-fault drivers for behavior that was particularly willful and negligent.
What Happens In Hit and Run Cases?
When car accidents in Napa happen, it is not uncommon for the at fault driver to flee the scene. In these cases, our legal team takes the actions needed to locate these drivers and hold them accountable. This includes:
- Obtaining statements from witnesses, who may be able to identify the driver;
- Obtaining nearby surveillance tapes, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Soliciting tips from the general public;
- Visiting local mechanic shops, where the driver may have taken the vehicle for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we typically represent car accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa car accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.